All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:20 am 

Hi,

I suffer from frequency-dependent hearing loss (mainly age-related, but not only - otherwise corrected for with ReSound LiNX² hearing-aids) and I'm thinking about using Stereo Tool to correct for that, such that I will not need my hearing aids when I listen to my library of classical music Hi-Res files. Has anyone done that with success ?

Has anyone done this with success some (completely) different way ?

I'm open to other ideas. And, no, sorry, I will not be broadcasting the result :o :oops: ;)

Many thanks for your feedback !
__
jepomat

Configuration: MediaMonkey to manage and play the Hi-Res files, Marantz HD-AMP1 amplifier, Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers (room is only 12 sq meters or 130 sq feet)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:12 pm 

Depending on hearing loss level, but usually all you need is good phase-linear parametric EQ on input of your sound system (pc output)
By playing sweep tone(s) over and over.. you should be able to adjust PEQ to suit you.

I actually done that for my old speakers since there was some holes on some frequencies so i 99% fixed it, and i should done that again since i now have new ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:43 pm 

Thanks, Bojcha ! So, the idea isn't a bad one. Good to know.

Any tips on how to do it from someone who actually compensated their hearing loss this way ?