All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:15 am 

This program is so awesome, there must be a way to... change the standardized tuning (of all I listen to) to 432 Mz.

This appears to be a more natural frequency, complimentary to water and perhaps ourselves (said to produce more calm than 440 Mz, which is said to produce agitation), than 440 Hz, the 'standard' we all listen to today.

Otherwise I have to 'convert', almost one by one, my 12000+ track music collection (half flac) using Audition... a days long procedure. Any ideas? I can't seem to find such a simple tool in ST v8, it must be too many drugs. Help please.

Thanks.
David Wolf
imdawolfman@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:56 pm 

Would be nice, but good pitching ain't easy. There are many plugins witch sound real bad.

For this purpose I use the Mixxx dj-set, witch has a good tunable pitching. You can feed it with a 440Hz tone track and then calibrate the output, for instance with Audition witch can read output Hz or use a scope.

I like A=432Hz, it's cool :-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:51 pm 

Internal oversampling may be capable of doing it. Still, it is questionable whether the effect on the sound would be beneficial to the result, as you may get "natural" sound but you lose on the reproduction side as you have to chop stuff out of the audio and put it back twice to make it work. THD ratio will fall, meaning distortion will appear where there was none.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Since nobody plays music with only 1 note (A in the octave where it's 432 Hz), this seems to make no sense at all, even if it would be true that 432 sounds more natural than 440... And the only good way to do it would be to just play it back at a lower sample rate (so also slightly slower), anything else will cause all kinds of artifacts.

Note: It will sound more relaxing because the frequencies are lower. There are stations that 'pitch' their audio by playing everything a bit too fast to generate a more "exciting" sound, so it wouldn't surprise me if doing the opposite would indeed have the opposite effect. (But why stop at 432 then?)