All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ESI Juli@ & Win 10
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:34 am 

BAM crash
Irql error blue screen in Win10 (which gives me headaches).

I build a brand new i7 system with a new ESI Juli@ card and a older spare Marian Trace Alpha a few months ago to use in 4 months from now for sound processing and streaming.
Loaded the system with Win7 which upgraded to Win10, so I decided to test this one, it was running 24/24/7 for 8 weeks and 2 days only Winamp and speakers.
So today, when I was tweaking some stuff in my sts files on my main computer, the old i7.
I noticed the new gig gave major issues in this order.
* right output channel quit to play from the ESI card.
* Software error that said card couldn't run in 192Khz mode, which was set in 48Khz (???)
* a buzz sound and the blue screen, which annoys me enormous with that ":(" emoticon.
* computer restarted after making the sys log file.
and everything did just run fine, I lost some settings in both Marian and ESI software.

I never experienced this with my older workstations I build in the past years.

After searching what the hardware error meanth it seemed to have a conflict with the ESI card and a network adapter.
I never had these errors before and it seems when you strip Win 10 from all restrictions, it rebuilds it back with every update (which are disabled) but seems they update it anyway.

I think I just switch over back to win7 or start to use Ubuntu, but problem with that is you can't use it in a 64bit system with a Intel processor. You can run it only in 32bit modus.

Anybody else have these issues with Win10? For pro users in my opinion a big fail.

Or a good alternative? Win 10 is good for users that only surf on the internet and it also depends on which machine it is installed (I have all Intel systems) a few runs ok, but in general it's just crap IMO

Post subject: Re: ESI Juli@ & Win 10
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:32 am 

Have you tried to put Juli@ to another slot?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:46 pm 

I switched both cards, so far so good, so gonna run it again 24/24/7 this time with that Groove player from Windows.
I did run freshdiagnose and all IRQ adresses gives no conflicts. And the rest of the hardware seems to be ok too.
Wait and see for a few weeks. In fact it's kinda good it happened now, in a few weeks all the equipment will be build in into racks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:32 pm 

I was having problems with ESI Juli@ and Windows 10, in particular ST would keep crashing, or it would not start and just kept giving 'sound card hang' problems. In the end I found that the problem was that in the Windows Sound Settings, the sample rates were not set to the same as in ST. Setting both (e.g. the Windows settings and the ST settings) to 192 kHz seems to have fixed the problem. No more ST crashes!