All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:14 am 

Good morning,
I would like to ask if it's possible to use stereo tool in cubase, as effects?
As in, not using it for broadcsting.
Is that possible?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:25 pm 

Absolutely. The plugin versions do require the Basic license, however. It's 35 euro and comes with more features that you probably won't use in a DAW.
I love using the declipper and TrueBass when attempting to remaster old tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:25 pm 

Thanks you for your reply.
Ok good to know. Not possible routing it with a virtual cable before the cubase main out for export?

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:12 pm 

Quote:
Not possible routing it with a virtual cable before the cubase main out for export?
Ah, I see. Sure, I bet you could do that. Routing virtual cables gets confusing to me, but it should work. I would still recommend a basic license for the Advanced Limiter/Clipper if you're not using the DAW for final peak control... I may still not understand the setup.

There's also an app they made to process files with Stereo Tool built-in (intended for normalizing libraries of audio, but works excellently for applying ST to an existing file) called WatchCat https://www.thimeo.com/watchcat/

Truly though, the VST plugin is the most direct approach. You can place it in your export chain properly that way, never having to worry about buffer underruns or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:07 pm 

Thanks for all your great info.
Does the plugin version have the same presets etc?
I'll check it out.
Do you have any links to it?

Thanks so much for all you help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:38 pm 

Quote:
Does the plugin version have the same presets etc?
I'll check it out.
Do you have any links to it?
Yes, the presets should be consistent across all editions for the same version of the software.
(edit: If you have one you like from an older version, and it's not present in the new version, you can just save/export it as a preset file that will import into a newer version)

You can get the (older) plugins here: https://www.thimeo.com/stereo-tool/download/
Or you can try the (new) GUI and features in the current beta thread here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391

The plugin is fully functional in trial mode, it just inserts nags periodically so folks can't use it for professional work without a Basic license or greater.

Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:37 pm 

Brilliant!
Thank you.

Much appreciatedl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:16 am 

Hi again.

Sorry to bother you again but I have one other question.
I've just downloaded the vst and installed it.
I can open it and it works, with all the presets present.

When I choose a preset for testing, the sound is very affected, with jitters and dragging. I guess this is to stop peope using it without the license.
I just wanted to make sure that's the case or could be the installation / sound set up?

I also have the stand alone version which beeps every few minutes but the sound is perfect.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:40 pm 

Quote:
I've just downloaded the vst and installed it.
I can open it and it works, with all the presets present.

When I choose a preset for testing, the sound is very affected, with jitters and dragging. I guess this is to stop peope using it without the license.
I just wanted to make sure that's the case or could be the installation / sound set up?
Oh, hm. This shouldn't be the case. You may need to tweak your I/O or CPU settings. Which version are you using? 9.92 or 10.02 beta? The newer version has a better CPU selector and more performance presets.

The VST will also insert beeps until it's registered. The Stand Alone should only insert beeps when using premium features without the appropriate license. Depending on which version number you're using, the notification and shortcut that you're using unregistered settings could be up top in red with a Banner and text, or toward the lower middle with a Triangle and text.

Also if your host supports VST3 (it should, being a Steinberg host) I would use that edition, which you probably already know.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:53 am 

Thanks again for all your help.
I tried all the versions you sent in the links but can only get Vst2 working.( old version)
It seems to work better when reducing the sample rate.
I'll keep trying and see if I can get another version working as well.

I'm very grateful for all time.
Cheers