All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 pm 

Hi,

I am just wondered how the 'Existing License Upgrades' works.

i.e.
I currently have a Basic license (with the addition of the Declipper), but in the future
say that wanted to add the 'Delossifier'.

I guess I would just selected the 'Delossifier' under the 'Existing License Upgrades' section on the
BUY page, and then enter the same 'Licence to' name that I use when I bought my original license?

Or, would I also have to inform yourselves of my current 'License key', so that you can tie together
my name and license key?

Also, after the transaction had gone through, would I then be issued a 'new' Registered License Key, that would then
allow me to use the Delossifier, or would I be given a completely new License key.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:05 pm 

Quote:
Or, would I also have to inform yourselves of my current 'License key', so that you can tie together
my name and license key?
This is also my question. I'm looking at getting the Advanced Dynamics module some time in the near future.
Quote:
Also, after the transaction had gone through, would I then be issued a 'new' Registered License Key, that would then
allow me to use the Delossifier, or would I be given a completely new License key.
I'm 98% sure that your key will be disabled and a new one will be issued.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:52 pm 

Okay, to upgrade your license, you need to enter the name that was on the original license exactly as it appears. I assume this is how the Thimeo database sees it as an upgrade and applies it to the correct license; or it has to do with the PayPal email address being the one you originally used. I'm not certain which.

Then you'll be taken directly to PayPal where the rest of the transaction takes place. There doesn't seem to be a credit card form for the upgrade options at the current moment. A few hours later (most likely Hans) will email you the upgraded license key.

Last edited by MrKlorox on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:35 pm 

Currently licenses and upgrades are processed by hand. The matching to a previous license is also done by hand.

This is rather cumbersome for both parties.

That's why we're working (well, basically we're letting someone work) on a new system where this is all automated. The number of payment options will also be expanded with this new system. Until then, have patience until your order is processed ;)