All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm 

I was going over some old *.STS files as a time capsule and notice some settings that are not in the gui anymore.
My question is settings like i.e.g. "bass protection - Raise clip level if highs get above, bass protection - Maximum clip level raise etc" are they still usable or has the code been completely removed. I was just wondering if these are still controllable from the STS files.
Thank very much you in advanced.
Best regards, Troy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 pm 

Quote:
I was going over some old *.STS files as a time capsule and notice some settings that are not in the gui anymore.
My question is settings like i.e.g. "bass protection - Raise clip level if highs get above, bass protection - Maximum clip level raise etc" are they still usable or has the code been completely removed. I was just wondering if these are still controllable from the STS files.
Best regards, Troy
yes, you have to enable "show deprecated settings" under "configuration".
be aware, while the deprecated setting for "bass protection" under "clipper" works as it should, it will create some minor inter-modulation distortion for audio frequencies between 20Hz and 40Hz especially if they are clipped close to -6dB on the clip meter.
the "advanced bass distortion protection" will attempt to correct this but the deprecated "bass protection" will fight it (its a fight between both).
i dont recommend using the deprecated "bass protection" unless you can keep your clip level below -6dB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Best regards, Troy
yes, you have to enable "show deprecated settings" under "configuration".
be aware, while the deprecated setting for "bass protection" under "clipper" works as it should, it will create some minor inter-modulation distortion for audio frequencies between 20Hz and 40Hz especially if they are clipped close to -6dB on the clip meter.
the "advanced bass distortion protection" will attempt to correct this but the deprecated "bass protection" will fight it (its a fight between both).
i dont recommend using the deprecated "bass protection" unless you can keep your clip level below -6dB.
Thank you for the info :)