All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: About user licensing...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:27 pm 

So I ended up linked to Stereo Tool from the Winamp forums and, damn. After installing when it popped back up the music started for a second as normal and then some default settings kicked on and the sound was so much better instantly. I toyed with some things, but I've never actually learned what the normal sliders on an equalizer do so it's a wee bit out of my depth. It still makes things sound much nicer despite my stupidity, and there's a handy factory reset button that... well, not so handy, really. Instead of default settings it just shut everything off and I don't know what was on. Still, i figure a reinstall would probably fix that if needed.

I was the mentions of shareware, and I still feel bad for never paying for Winzip, or Winrar, or Windows, or software in general so I figured I'd give it a shot as a novelty. Then when I looked, I quickly changed my mind. Do you happen to have any "make it sound nice and also not beep at me all the time" options less designed for radio broadcasting and more for some schmuck alone in a workshop hitting rocks with other rocks? Because I'd be all for buying that one. I'd do the radio bit, but I'm not allowed since the FCC decided universal constant orgasms caused by the sound of my voice would likely cause disruptions. :/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:10 pm 

Yes, usually every processor have some default basic settings on reset. ST does not, so you need to load from preset list.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:45 pm 

I did get that part figured out, but thank you. :) The main question was if the only licensing available is what's shown on the site here, since most of what I see on the site is geared towards transmission over the air or internet. I'm sure it would make a great addition to a high end home sound setup as well, it does make a great difference in the sound.

I'd installed from the Winamp Heritage site and then got a message to install the newer version, and until I really enjoyed the sound difference it was provciding and decided I should get a license I hadn't seen anything about cost mentioned besides it's a shareware tool you can pay to unlock, then the beeping. It really is wonderful, and I'm sorry for the stupid question, it's not meant to insult the software quality at all. I just hooked up some old speakers in a workshop and was looking to make them sound a bit better, Stereo Tool did that and then some but happy turned into a bit shocked to see a license cost of around $500.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:31 am 

You don't need the FM license for just listening, of course. A basic license suffices and you can add modules to that as desired. Under Configuration > License you'll find a "Turn all unlicensed features off" option that disables everything you don't have a license for (and thus stops the beeping).