All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Sand Filter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 pm 

HI HANS
Happy new year ....first off all the last version 9.20-o6 Beta it sounds very good ,yes the de-esser it works much better... excellent work ....now the question,,Advanced Clipper -Sound -Controlled Distorstion there is the Sand fiter with defoult value 4000 hz ...what is doing this?? and what you suggest to increase the value?? for example to going 10000 hz??? and the other is to ADVANCED CLIPPER -DISTORTION-Mids imd protection and Highs protection ...why the defoult value is not 0 db????
thanks for your time...

Post subject: Re: Sand Filter
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:13 am 
Site Admin

The Sand Filter: If you add Controlled Distortion that can introduce noise in very quiet areas, which sounds "sandy" (lacking a better term). This filter searches for large (by default 4000 Hz wide) areas with little sound (more than Threshold below the surrounding area), and disables Controlled Distortion there.

You can lower the values to 0 dB, that will clip them tighter - in the end that results in a more "flat" sound. The main reason for clipping these bands separately is to protect other bands - you can always protect *too* much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 pm 

Ok Hans
thanks for your info ..i,m gonna do it now and i will inform you about the results ..until now i,m running 9.22 without problems with crystal sound ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:57 pm 

ok Hans, after along time of playing and test yes the results are very good ...the sound is more natural more flat but very clear in high frequencies and the bass are more natural especially with this (Added protection against very loud bass )(Similar to very loud highs in 9,22)...yes it works fine and i,m very happy bcs after 8.23 version this new is began to be the best...the next is to add the expanders???i hope to see this ....
regards