All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:44 am 

Good night!

The reason for my contact is that I´m often having problems using the Stereo Tool software (version 8.54 - standalone).
We recently replaced our computer with a more upgraded one, ever since we began to have problems with the use of the audio processing software.
During the use there´re cuts in the audio in process, a silently for a few seconds. After a few seconds, the operation is reestablished and returns to a normal operation.
These occurrences repeat several times a day, with no specific times. Our support analysts have not identified any problems with the computer because they run other programs that do not have the this problem, like as RadioBoos.

Current Computer Configuration:
Intel (R) Core (TM) I3, 3250 CPU 3.50 Ghz
Ram: 8 Gb
System: 64 Bit
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Could you please help us with this?
Best Regards

Marcel - Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:10 am 

Olá, have you set Stereo Tools to run as administrator?

I had the same experience with Windows 10 Pro yesterday. Right click the program icon, click on compatibility and then check the box 'Run this program as an administrator.'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:47 am 

Quote:
Olá, have you set Stereo Tools to run as administrator?

I had the same experience with Windows 10 Pro yesterday. Right click the program icon, click on compatibility and then check the box 'Run this program as an administrator.'
That should not be necessary. Are you sure you get hiccups without and no hiccups with administrator mode?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:40 pm 

I've gone through our testing again and it looks like I have missspoken. The fix was actually changing from the latest version of VLC from 3.0.1 down to 2.2.8. In my tests the source material is an AAC+ 96 kbps stream into ST. With the latest version of VLC, ST kept on reporting stream errors, would stutter on playback, and wouldn't close properly without resorting to Task Manager.

The change to run in admin mode and the change to the older version of VLC was done at the same time and I wrongly attributed the fix to admin mode when it turns out that it was the VLC version. Nevertheless, I think running in admin mode is required for the realtime setting.