All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 am 

Hi!
I use StereoTool at my transmitter site, the feed is coming through an Icecast stream. Because the internet connection at the tx site is unstable in some cases, I need a large buffer size. Currently I play the 320kbps mp3 stream with Winamp to Virtual Audio Cable, which is then processed by ST. I set 512KB buffer size in Winamp's MPEG decoder. It's give me ~13s latency.
But the problem is with this 'solution': the buffer size is changing over time, so the latency is not fixed!
Sometimes only a few seconds, sometimes a minute...

I saw that the Breakaway One has a great solution for this: I can set the desired buffer time in the stream receiver section, and the program is continously monitoring the buffer size, and -if needed- it change a bit the playback speed.

I don't want to buy the Breakaway One, because I have a full FM license for ST.

Can I do this with ST's integrated VLC? Or it's a premium feature that only expensive hardwares can do? (except BAO...)
Unfortunately, I didn't see the stream buffer size adjustment slider in the input section of ST, but maybe I'm blind...

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:39 pm 

You can do this with Stereo tools.
into Configuration / FM Sound Card, Set buffer size (on FM part) to 10 sec for a stream at 320kbps.
Then on Synchronize FM Transmitters, Check synchronize FM signals and now ST adjust slidly the speed.

Hanz correct me if it's wrong.