All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: What version to buy?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 am 

Hi everyone.

I'm confused as to what version to buy. I want the command line version for batch declipping of audio files. Which version includes this functionalities?

Thanks and regards!

Post subject: Re: What version to buy?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 am 

In that case you should be good with the Basic+Declipper license. This license can be used in all versions, i.e. standalone, plugin and command line.
For processing in batch have a look at WatchCat (find it on the Downloads page), our new tool to help you with batch file processing. If you don't need the custom scripting functionality, you can use the basic version which does not require an extra license on top of the Stereo Tool license.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 pm 

Thanks! I imagined that would be the case, but I wanted to be sure :)

Since the price is pretty steep for a simple user like me (I'm not a radio broadcaster), is the license at least perpetual?

Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm 

Quote:
is the license at least perpetual?

anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:08 pm 

So, to make sure you're looking at the right license: the basic+declipper license is currently € 119 without VAT. You would not need the "WatchCat professional" license unless you want to run custom commands.
All our licenses are one time purchases. Sometimes when a new feature is introduced it is available with an additional license, but whatever you already had will keep working.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

By the way, you could just get Declipper (without Basic) for 100 euro instead, but that does mean that there is no overshoot protection and you would have to lower the output level quite a bit to have enough headroom available. (Well, I guess you could use the simple clipper or Hard Limit as well).

O, and it might indeed be interesting to look at WatchCat. It's not what you asked for, but for audio files with no scripting it's free, and it can process all the files in a specific directory (which it will keep track of constantly).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:56 pm 

Quote:

So, to make sure you're looking at the right license: the basic+declipper license is currently € 119 without VAT. You would not need the "WatchCat professional" license unless you want to run custom commands.
All our licenses are one time purchases. Sometimes when a new feature is introduced it is available with an additional license, but whatever you already had will keep working.

Quote:

By the way, you could just get Declipper (without Basic) for 100 euro instead, but that does mean that there is no overshoot protection and you would have to lower the output level quite a bit to have enough headroom available. (Well, I guess you could use the simple clipper or Hard Limit as well).

O, and it might indeed be interesting to look at WatchCat. It's not what you asked for, but for audio files with no scripting it's free, and it can process all the files in a specific directory (which it will keep track of constantly).

Thanks for the responses, guys. What I want to do is use the stereotool command line version to process all the files in a folder, usually a music album, in order to avoid clipping and recover some dynamics on over-compressed sources. Yes, for that I am lowering the input levels to about 50% and I am quite happy with the test results so far. My idea is to process all my CD music like this and archive it on my computer, which is my main audio source nowadays. WatchCat sounds nice and all, but I will be scripting everything myself so I don't really have a need for that.

Can I do the above with declipper alone, or do I need the basic+declipper license? Again, I'm just interested in the stereotool command line version (minus the audio watermark, of course) that you guys have available for download here: https://www.stereotool.com/download/