All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: SST Questions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:41 am 

Hi everyone!

I'm wanting to buy 5 copies of SST for a group of my commercial FM stations in the USA. I realize this is not exactly the SST forum, but hoping the group might be able to help me out with some questions:

1. Is there a way for custom presets from Stereo Tool to be imported into SST?
2. I didn't see a way for # of bands and crossover frequencies to be adjusted in SST. Is this possible? Maybe under the hood?
3. Can additional uMPX decoders be purchased so I can send one MPX to 3 different transmitters?
4. The demo version I got from Telos is 8.38. How up to date is that compared to the current Stereo Tool?

Thank you for your any answers and help!

Sean

Post subject: Re: SST Questions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 am 

To answer your 3rd question: yes, this is certainly possible. Contact your dealer for this or find it in the Minnetonka online shop: http://www.minnetonkaaudioshop.com/epag ... 3001-00071
The product description is about SST, but as it says on top, it's a µMPX Decoder Only license.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:35 pm 

@Mathijsco Thanks for the link! This is exactly what I need. I'll be able to send 1 MPX feed to 4 transmitters.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. Yes. You can save a preset in a recent (8.34 or later) Stereo Tool version, rename it to .sst instead of .sts, and put it in the directory where SST looks for its presets (C:\Users\<username>\OmniaSST.presets\ .

The next version will get preset upload and download functionality.

Note that there are things in Stereo Tool that are not visible in the SST GUI. You can still use them if you load a Stereo Tool preset but you can't adjust them. This was done on purpose, SST is supposed to start with a clean slate without a lot of legacy/deprecated stuff that has to remain in Stereo Tool for preset compatibility reasons.

2. It's hidden, the number is tied to the preset that you load. So if you load a preset from Stereo Tool, you'll get its settings.

3. What Mathijs said!

4. SST has a somewhat different release cycle, but the next update will get it to the same point where Stereo Tool is again. SST 8.38 is similar to Stereo Tool 8.34 with a few bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 pm 

Thanks Hans! This is awesome info! Can't wait to get the SST with uMPX up and running.

BTW...Thanks for all the millions of hours you spend working to constantly improve ST :D