All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 am 

okay so, since my recent update to 8.23, i've noticed one thing.

The Pre-limiter Effect window used to be very fluid in FPS Rate. now its very choppy like a old video card trying to render a new-gen graphics game.

was there a change made to this? my laptop has not been updated and its still very fluid rates FPS Wise.

Is there a .cfg file that can adjust the FPS rate of the Pre-Limiter Effect window so that it will go back to high FPS rate?

Ive already tried adjusting the CPU Load and Display Load and no change.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 am 
Site Admin

It looks smooth here.

1. I would advise to turn it off, unless it's still giving you some benefits in sound. It shouldn't be needed anymore since Leif and I worked together on improving my clipper.

2. Can you send me your settings so I can have a look? At least if I just reset all settings, enable the Advanced Clipper and Pre-Limiter it looks smooth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:41 pm 

ill send you the settings and then try the reset.....

actually, i just turned it off, i see/hear no difference in the audio. just caught me weird how it was acting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 pm 

Quote:
1. I would advise to turn it off, unless it's still giving you some benefits in sound. It shouldn't be needed anymore since Leif and I worked together on improving my clipper.
Just to clarify, are you referring to the pre-limiter in the simple clipper or the one in the advanced clipper? Asking because the preset we use (analog pleasure) has this enabled by default in the advanced clipper and I'm wondering if there's something to be gained by turning it off.

Thanks,
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:42 pm 

Quote:
@hvz: Just to clarify, are you referring to the pre-limiter in the simple clipper or the one in the advanced clipper? Asking because the preset we use (analog pleasure) has this enabled by default in the advanced clipper and I'm wondering if there's something to be gained by turning it off.

Thanks,
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:19 am 
Site Admin

Ow! Wow. I didn.t realie rthat it was on there. Yes, turn it off!