All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool in car
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:32 am 
Site Admin

I just looked up some Pi2 benchmarks and it seems to be comparable to a Pentium 3... If that's the case then some simple processing will be possible, but not much.

(Pentium 4 speed starts at about 160, current i7 above 11000 on cpubenchmark.net - so it's about 68 times slower. If multicore hasn't been taken into account then the number might be a bit better, but it would still be 17 times slower. And my Intel code is highly optimized, I cannot just transfer that to the Pi.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:24 pm 

Well... that's one way to do it:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/2njR3she.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

So - how did you do that? :) I'm getting messages from people on Skype who are asking me if I know how you did, and they think it's an Android tablet. Or are you cheating? (laptop in the car and this thing connected to it)?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:31 pm 

Not a laptop, it's just a LIVA X I got from local store for about 50 euros.
The machine is headless running an modified core Windows 7 image only with the essentials and a micro WiFi card on one of the USB ports and a large flash drive on another port.
The phone is RDP-iyng into the PC.
Running Stereo Tool 7.82 with Busybox HD preset with no Declipper and no Natural Dynamics, at 50% CPU Quality. Seems to handle this very well (~60-85% CPU load with Winamp, Crossfade plugin, Soundwire and AWARemote server). One caveat is that it has about a second or so delay and upon changing tracks it has some kind of quick skipping of a second or so ahead and then the next song plays. Wasn't able to fix this by adjusting the Plugin section of the Stereo tool.

I'm sure this can be optimized further but this will do well for now. It's small enough to hide well under the car, it consumes about 3.4 Amps at 5 Volts from the car audio's 12V dedicated outlet.

More info, videoclip demo & more to come :) The shown above is just a teaser.