All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Stereo tool in the car?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:33 pm 

I was planing to have a small Pi3 board in the car but having difficulties figuring the details.

Will a Pi3 machine run Stereo tool taking input from the Bluetooth module and outputting via the soundcard's stereo output?

And also what would be the delay (approx.) since about a second or so is OK but higher delay will make in unconfortable.

I was also thinking about the Asus Tinker Board but I read in the other threat that it will not run well.

But if it gets optimized well, I can consider an FM Transmitter in a box project, the heart of it will be an Asus Tinker Board.

Right now I have Stereo tool in the car by streaming out from a remote server, having an realtime remote control for my playout and receiving the stream with a realtime udp streamer.

It works, and it's very stable at 800ms buffer, even on 3G. And on 4G I can go down to 100ms even at rural areas with coverage.

But sometimes range can be a problem and I prefer to have it local so I can play around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:23 am 

i run ST on windows 10 as a plugin, i just got my pi 3b+ so i haven't done anything with it yet. I'd like to know if you've made any progress and what your setup consists of. I am a 12 volt technician by trade, and ST is an awesome part of my audio arsenal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

A Pi3 would do it (and even generate an MPX signal with composite clipping and everything), I don't know if there's something on the Pi that handles bluetooth input they way you need it. It might though!

Delay can be under 1 second, probably about half a second is achievable, less if you don't use heavy processing (FM composite clipping is quite heavy, if it's just for your own listening you wouldn't need that though).