All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:40 am 

I happened upon the Perfect Declipper software when surfing the Internet the other day … I'd be interested in using it for listening to music in the privacy of my own home (i.e. non-commercial use) using a Mac Mini (late 2012; 16 GB RAM) running OS X 10.10.3. Apparently I have to use Stereo Tool to get Perfect Clipper working under OS X. Having tried it out for a bit, I have some questions/remarks about it.
  • The stand alone version crashes immediately upon launch. Will it be fixed anytime soon?
  • Most of the settings listed here seem to be missing from the VST plugin. At least I can't find them anywhere.
  • Where is the DeLossifier?
  • On the home page it says that "The registered version is intended for commercial users of Stereo Tool". Since I intend to use it non-commercially: how do I get rid of the frequent beeps and voice messages when using Declipper? I can't even use it for simple music listening in it's current state.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:20 am 

I've done some more research now. Apparently the stand alone version needs JackOSX to be installed in order not to crash :idea: I tried that and managed to start the application.

I also found out there's a "DECLIPPER private limited" license for €30 available here that seems to be exactly what I need. However, it says that it's just for use with Winamp. Would it be possible for me to buy this kind of license for the OS X version of Stereo Tool/Declipper?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 am 

Hmm … I think I want Natural Dynamics too and I just found out I can buy a full license for both for €99, so I'll probably get that one.

That license would work with the OS X version and get rid of all the beeps and voice messages, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:49 pm 

Quote:
That license would work with the OS X version and get rid of all the beeps and voice messages, right?
Not sure about the OS X but it will get rid of the beeping of Declipper and voice messages when using Natural Dynamics (and Declipper). Of course there are still other filters that are left unregistered and they will produce voice messages if used.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:45 pm 

Thanks! I emailed the developer as well and he confirmed the license will work with the OS X version. The VST plugin seems to work rather well with JRiver Media Center 20 for Mac (only OS X player I know of that supports VST), except for the fact that I get a crash report from OS X (10.10.3), when I quit Media Center.