All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:44 pm 

Hi all ,

Is it possible to use Stereo tool Stand alone to processing audio in real time with a audio comes from analog input ?
Can i change the settings with program running ?

Thanks

Felipe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:49 pm 

Hi,
You can use Standalone version ofcourse but Realtime processing is not possible .. but it's possible to use low latency option and turn off some processes. to minimize latency more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 pm 

Rigth ,

but can i change the settings without close and reopen the software, just changing the sts file for example ?
I was wondering if i can use the standalone software with my own GUI, just with the parameters that my clients needs.

Thanks in advance

Felipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:11 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Felipecpc,

Triggering ST to load different settings is possible!

I still have to put this in the help pages somewhere, but you can find a description of how to do it here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=308
and here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25

The first link describes how to do this for travel announcements (an RDS feature), but you can use it for anything Stereo Tool setting. The 2nd link is elaborates more on that, but might be a bit more confusing to read because that's the thread where someone asked me to include this feature. DON'T download the version that's linked from there - it's a VERY old version, and this feature has been present in all the versions since that version.

By the way, something that's not mentioned yet in any of these posts: For certain settings (Pre Amp for example), changing the setting suddenly would cause annoying effect, because of that the slider is actually moved to the new value in a few seconds.

Hint: To make sure that the new settings aren't being read while you're still writing them: Create the file with the new settings using a different name, and then rename it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:10 pm 

Rigth !

I'm very surprised with the software performance. I think it's just what i need !
More one doubt, is possible to have all filters aplied in analog input from my audio card, instead of a mp3 or wav audio ?

Thanks

Felipe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Rigth !

I'm very surprised with the software performance. I think it's just what i need !
More one doubt, is possible to have all filters aplied in analog input from my audio card, instead of a mp3 or wav audio ?

Thanks

Felipe
Yes, just use the stand alone version (see the download page). That reads from a sound card input and writes the output to the sound card output. And it also supports ASIO, which greatly reduces the latency (which might be useful).

If you want to do something else with the output, you can either capture the output with a program like Virtual Audio Cable, or use for example Winamp with the Winamp Line In plugin ( http://home.hccnet.nl/th.v.d.gronde/dev ... index.html ).