All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:28 am 

Hi,
I'm testing stereotool 7.60, in VST mode, using proppfrexx.
I noticed 2 things:

- When I activate "FM sound card" using the correct FM card, this works, but it doesn't survive a restart.
After restarting the application (being proppfrexx + stereotool) , stereotool uses the default windows sound mapper card again.

- activating 'web interface' doesn't work. I used the default port 8080, but not working as even the port isn't active (even after restart)
You can see that in netstat:

--
C:\Users\Test>netstat -an| find "8080"
C:\Users\Test>
--

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Tom,

I need some more info to figure out what's happening and how to look for a solution. So:

1. Are you using Stereo Tool as a VST plugin?

2. Are the other settings saved properly? For example, when you restart ST after enabling the web interface, is it still set to enabled?

Question 1 is important because if you're using ST as a VST, then Proppfrexx is responsible for saving the settings - if it doesn't I need to contact them.
Question 2 is important because I could have made a mistake in the saving of the sound card in VST mode... Or if you're not using the VST there could be some rights issue which doesn't let you save any settings.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:02 am 

1. Are you using Stereo Tool as a VST plugin

Yes

2. Are the other settings saved properly? For example, when you restart ST after enabling the web interface, is it still set to enabled?

Yes, all other settings are saved.
The web interface option also stays enabled after restarting ST/propp.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Ah, I think I figured out what's happening with the web interface - it should be enabled immediately during startup and that doesn't happen because the VST parameters are loaded too late.

Not sure yet about the sound card setting, it should be saved as a number (which is kinda dangerous, because if the sound cards are ordered differently after a restart it would pick the wrong one without any warning).

For both I could fix it by saving the settings to the .ini file, but then multiple instances would share the settings which doesn't seem to be a very good idea. I'm putting this on my todo list to look into (quickly, at least for the sound card issue which seems to be the most urgent one).

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 am 

hi,
is there a workaround (for my situation at the moment) to write those settings manually to the ini file?
if so, what lines should I add for the FM card ? (the web interface isn't so important for me)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

I think I have fixed it (both issues actually, only one big issue with it, if you run multiple instances they will all get the same settings, there's no easy way to fix that now).

The next beta should work fine.