All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Licensing confusion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 am 

Hello all - I am new to this forum and using Stereo Tool. I tried Stereo Tool a few years back when I was using Winamp and for some reason opted not to use it. I have moved to MediaMonkey and the addition of Stereo Tool has breathed new life into my music collection! Thank you very much!

I am confused, though, with the licensing of this software. It appears to me that it is free for private use and registration is required when used commercially or if you need the extra features. My concern is I have combed this forum and found inferences that a voice will be broadcast every 12 hours if the trial features are not deactivated. Currently, the FM Radio settings are turned off, but the loudness limiting is on and I see no way to turn it off.

I did see there is a basic registration that includes only the loudness feature (no FM stuff). This is what I would like, but currently am in a pinch as I am looking for a job (laid off a few months back). Sorry - this is my problem but I am so impressed with Stereo Tool I would love to register to provide support but can't and wanted to explain why.

Thank you again for coding this software. Rest assured, I will register when able, but in the meantime, I want to ensure I am not in violation of using this software.