All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations Hans.

The only concern I would express is how you will make decisions about new features for Stereo Tool against your Telos commitments to their product.

Some of us got badly burnt by Leif's promises for Breakaway and while I definately wouldn't put you in the same class as Leif he followed his commitment to Telos and left his customers stranded "high and dry".

I have to say that even if Stereo Tool never went another step forward I think I still have an excellent product worth ever cent I paid for it.

C.
Congratulations Hans.

My only concern is the same as Clipper's is. Leif said and promised that BrakeAway will continue (@ the processing freak day) but in reality it never happened.
But time will show what will happen. So, I hope the best for you Hans and thank you for what you have contributed in the audio processing community.

Sincerely
Konstantinos
But Hans isn't Leif. Hans is Dutch. And if it ain't Dutch it ain't much ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:04 am 

It's wonderful that Hans skills can be put to use with a great company. At the same time, I feel sad that StereoTool won't be on the front burner anymore. This web site and ST downloads are already running at sub-par speeds.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 am 

Quote:
But Hans isn't Leif. Hans is Dutch. And if it ain't Dutch it ain't much ;)
:lol: :lol:

C.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 am 

Sorry for my scepticism, but I think it will be difficult to continue for Hans with ST developement like it was until now.

When the HW box becomes a Telos product then Telos will make the pricing for this. And if this box is located in the Price range of other competitive HW processors it will be difficult to sell this cause the users will buy ST Software and a pc, soundcard and so on.

That's the conflict I can see here.

But we will see...

Regards,
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:50 pm 

I would make the reasonable assumption that Telos does not and will not own the core to ST. Otherwise yes, the existence of this website could cause some minor technical difficulties in the future for them. You know. "...Minor technical difficulties..."

But even then, I doubt they own the Breakaway Core either. And look what happened there.

I am glad this isn't happening here. :)

Development and use of StereoTool has to continue, because it is really the only practical option for the independent broadcast / webcast community. Many of us would love to use say, Omnia products when possible. I know I would!

However many budgets do not allow for $1200 for a software-based audio processor for the web. I am sure the 9/XE is wonderful, however.

Even if ST were raised in price for web-only features, it would still be a Compelling piece of software. It would be leaps and bounds above those that are using an Aphex Compellor wired directly to their sound card, or worse -- The typical College radio thing: Just run the signal right off the board with no attenuation or level matching.

Another interesting thing is that ST is great for audio post... Not so much for editing obviously, but for a processing rack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:04 am 
Site Admin

mJacobsenEt: Are you a real person or a spammer? (Reason for asking: I see several posts that don't seem to make much sense). If I get no answer I will delete your account...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Ok sorry, I saw some questions about the advantages of certain booth types which triggered me...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Ok sorry, I saw some questions about the advantages of certain booth types which triggered me...
Not sure if you have noticed, but the response from mJacobsenEt is identical to the previous message.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

O. Ok. Lol. No I hadn't. Ok will kill that account.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:07 pm 

Hans I just want to say best of luck. As someone who has had my own business for 45 years, I appreciate what it is, and just how hard you have to work, not only to start the business, but keep it going and eventually expand it all. I would say to those who are worried about their future copies of ST, this man has been working tirelessly on this project for at least the past 10 years, I would not deny him the chance to earn his reward for all that, plus the likelihood is (if I might be presumptuous Hans) he probably has a family to support as well, and eventually it becomes an impossibility to do that all on your own and run a successful company as well, without getting expert help.

Hans has told you all that he will still be supporting and developing Stereo Tool for you all, so do him the credit of believing and trusting him at least.
He hasnt let any of you down so far, and while I am aware of the politics of business, I think he has already given you an excellent product and in the majority of cases free of charge. So cut him some slack, as without him you would have nothing at all.