All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:47 pm 

Maybe Hans can chime in.. My concern is ST may become something like the 9xe that leif has which is a telos product or you only get ST from Telos.Hope this isn't the case.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry, I was out all day. We will come with a message of our own, I hope within a few minutes (I'm trying to reach someone to do a final reading of it, and then I'll post it - but he's not picking up his phone).

Things are better than what some of you fear.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

I have just added a link to the first post which describes things from the Stereo Tool perspective, written by our marketing manager. It has been ok'd by multiple people at Telos.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:41 pm 

So from the read the HW box will be a Telos product not the box you had planned to bring to market.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
So from the read the HW box will be a Telos product not the box you had planned to bring to market.
Yes. But Stereo Tool continues without any changes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:57 am 

There is a typical very well known rule in Business (i know it, i've been in ruling my corp for 20 years) :

The rule is this one :

When you can't beat your challenger, then buy it ! and you have no challenger at all.

IMO : the more ST was progressing, the more it started to become a serious challenger for Omnia and Orban... it's as that simple !

Let me explain:

right hand ST (Price 420 euros full options)
left hand Omnia AND Orban (Average box prices 10 000 Euros)

And guess what ! the one in the right hand do the same job (if not better) than the both in left Hand...

And you've got the answer to all your questions, present and futures

But don't reveal anybody what i told you here !

FRED.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:06 am 
Site Admin

Yes. Except that Stereo Tool doesn't stop!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:07 am 

Even so, surely the best features to be added to be only available to Omnia.
I think that 80% of users of stereo tool could buy an omnia ever.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:50 am 

Congratulations Hans.

The only concern I would express is how you will make decisions about new features for Stereo Tool against your Telos commitments to their product.

Some of us got badly burnt by Leif's promises for Breakaway and while I definately wouldn't put you in the same class as Leif he followed his commitment to Telos and left his customers stranded "high and dry".

I have to say that even if Stereo Tool never went another step forward I think I still have an excellent product worth ever cent I paid for it.

C.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:46 am 

Quote:
Congratulations Hans.

The only concern I would express is how you will make decisions about new features for Stereo Tool against your Telos commitments to their product.

Some of us got badly burnt by Leif's promises for Breakaway and while I definately wouldn't put you in the same class as Leif he followed his commitment to Telos and left his customers stranded "high and dry".

I have to say that even if Stereo Tool never went another step forward I think I still have an excellent product worth ever cent I paid for it.

C.
Congratulations Hans.

My only concern is the same as Clipper's is. Leif said and promised that BrakeAway will continue (@ the processing freak day) but in reality it never happened.
But time will show what will happen. So, I hope the best for you Hans and thank you for what you have contributed in the audio processing community.

Sincerely
Konstantinos

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net