All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 am 

Oh ok I'll have to check that out.

I'll have to work with the new interface some and see if I can learn to like it.

So far I have near professional quality audio as is.

I use the version that works with Winamp for a part 15 AM transmitter so I can hear what I want on my antique radios.

Figured the stand alone version would be best given that if I want to process audio from the line in of my computer I have to use the line input plugin of Winamp and it sometimes causes Winamp to crash.

I may just get a used PC for use with the stand alone version of Stereo Tools as I can probably get one of those cheap and it don't need to be ultra powerful either.

Only reason for thinking of a netbook is because they are so compact. That said I'd need a USB sound card for the best sound quality though versus a used PC where I can install the sound card in the PC itself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, on AM you'll probably hear less differences between the versions - althouhh the new multiband compressor should still help. 7.31 has asymmetric limiters and clippers - that's definitely a clear improvement compared to 6.31.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:35 pm 

I'll check that out.

I found this VAC software http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm#trial

EDIT: That software DOES NOT work properly on my computer as I tried it with Winamp and it caused my PC to crash upon selecting the VAC cable in Winamp.

What I want (if there is such a thing) is a VAC application where all I have to do is select the source application and destination application without having to input any numbers that I don't understand and have no clue where to find the correct numbers to use and also that won't crash my computer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Wow. Try VB Cable, an alternative of VAC...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:06 am 

Just installed it. Will restart my computer in a bit and try it tomorrow.

I like how this is free with the option to donate versus the other that is $25.00

EDIT: That program works good, but does require stereo tools to be always running for audio to be sent to the sound card output. Also I still would need something to send an external input from the sound card aux in to Stereo tools. I think with that program I can buy more cables which might allow doing what I want.

Would be nice if there were an easy way to bypass the cable and processing altogether when it is not needed. I can do it using the sounds and audio devices settings, but all audio apps including internet browsers need to be restarted to recognize the change made.