All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:58 am 

Quote:
Free-format drawing. You can just draw an eq curve. Some people like it, some prefer frequency/Q factor sliders (which I don't have).
I noticed DeClipper had a settings file; as long as I can write in the terms myself (*coughperfectionistcough*) I don't have any quarrel with it.
Quote:
About unnecessary things: All the things in Stereo Tool that are not enabled don't consume any processing power. Of course they do use some memory. In total it uses about 150 MB, which is indeed more than what the declipper uses.
That's fine, I have enough RAM. I'm not too concerned with CPU usage, either. Winamp is a hog, anyway.
Quote:
As I said, I'm working on a new declipper version - originally the declipper builds were coupled to Stereo Tool builds, at the end of last year I redesigned the Stereo Tool GUI from scratch, and I still need to convert the declipper plugin to use the new GUI. Once that's done the two programs will be coupled again, which means that there will be more frequent updates. I started working on it yesterday, and I have a working version now, but it looks bad - I still need to put everything at the correct spot.
How odd that I should find it today, then.
Quote:
About the DSP stacker: This must be another one than the ones that I tried (I never saw this blend functionality).
Yeah, I didn't get it off of the Winamp plugin page (good Winamp plugins are a dying breed), I actually found it on accident while surfing the 'net.

Thanks for all your time, I'll try out Stereo Tool for now. Looking forward to the DeClipper update.
Quote:
Not declipping tones like that will be very difficult - probably not even possible. Unless you can tell me how I can see the difference between (unwanted) clipped waveforms and intentionally topped off (square wave) waveforms. In both cases there are flat areas and harmonics.
I'm a casual audiophile - I care how my music sounds but I'm not too obsessive about it, which means I haven't really ever done much by way of actual audio processing methods and effective programming.
...Perhaps, though, if the buffer was big enough, you could look forward to check if there are any waveforms that are larger than what you're about to clip, and check if it matches one of a number of predefined shapes. Of course, that wouldn't work at all for songs entirely made of such instruments, or songs that have those same waveforms on top of other, more organic sounds.
Probably not possible, but again, I might be able to reduce the effect via the settings. I haven't legitimately messed around with them yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Hm, I currently keep track of the peak level and remember that for about a second - maybe if I increase that time it would already help a lot. I guess I need to add yet another slider. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:36 am 

Quote:
Guess I need to add yet another slider. :)
TOO
MANY
SLIDERS