All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: No processing audio
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:49 pm 

Hi all, I decided today to try out ST on the station I help run, Zenith Classic Rock. It would be a good test, as we have an Optimod-PC 1101 card for processing right now.

We're using Station Playlist for playout, which uses the Winamp engine, so I installed the plugin ver of ST.

Problem is this: When I bring up the ST configuration screen, I see input audio and output audio on the meters and the audio is passing through. But none of the processing meters show any levels, and no processing seems to be taking place.

If I increase the preamp level the output level does increase, but still no processing.

It's not in Bypass mode!

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Andy

Post subject: Re: No processing audio
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Can you check what happens if you change the Post Amp value instead of Pre Amp? Post Amp is the final step in the processing, if the audio that comes out (not just the meters but the actual audio) does get changed by it, then the whole processing chain must be executing correctly.

Another thing to check is whether the CPU load increases when you enable more filters in Stereo Tool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:32 pm 

The post amp does have an effect, but I'm still seeing no levels on any of the processing areas, and hearing no processing happening. I am however seeing input and output levels.

This is with ST installed as a plugin, and checked to be used in Station Playlist's Output settings. As SPL uses two output channels, (which in my config both use the same soundcard and therefore are summed) it gives me two configure buttons for ST, I guess one for each output channel.

But neither does anything.

Any ideas please?

A

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

2 configure buttons are definitely not for separate output channels (they cannot be configured separately) - I don't know what they are for though.

Could it be that the input level is so low that no processing happens? A screenshot would help to see what's happening/

And as a quick test: Could you try it out in Winamp?