All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:26 pm 

Hi, I am not a professional technician of digital audio tools, but I am operating with audio programs playing in public adress.
Stereo Tool seems to be a very pôwerful tool for audio gain correction and normalization.
I am wonderong now, if it can work and be used to do a real time leveling of audio media been played on a PC based player which audiodeconding engine is WMP based. Is it possible to use Stereo Tool so that each track played will be played at the same volume level ? I am sorry, and I apologize in advance if my question seemsilly to some of the readers, but it is a recurent issue I am facing in my activity. Since we play many audio pieces in our program, we are forced to prepare each audio track in back office to do that all would have the same audio level when decoding and playing out. This takes some huge time, and I am for a long time now looking for a software which could be installed on our devices to level all the tracks in real time.
I thank you in advance for your answer.
Regards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Depending on how you are currently playing the audio, there are several ways to do this. With some audio players, you can load Stereo Tool as a plugin. If you use a player with which this is not possible, or does not give the wanted result, you can run the output from another program into Stereo Tool using another program, Virtual Audio Cable. This is a "fake" sound card; you can configure your playout software to play to sound card 'Virtual Audio Cable 1', and in the stand alone version of Stereo Tool choose 'Virtual Audio Cable 1' as input.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:20 pm 

Thank you very much HVZ to take time for answering me.
And glad to read that it may be possible to use Stereo Tool to fix my issue and improve our process !
I will see with my internal team for the how it could be integrated into our application.
Would you mind to tell me which version of stereo Tool might be the most appropriate for the use I intend to have from ?
And if it works, I will be glad to become one of your customers.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
I wish you a nice day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

You mean which license?

Either Basic or Basic+Declipper. The latter improves the sound of clipped music (most CD's from the last 20 years suffer from clipping) - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOljvx9KaM for a demo of what it does.