All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 am 

I upgraded to stand alone Stereo Tool v7.10 from v6.32 on a Windows 7 Home Premium with 4G of RAM, AMD Athlon II X3 220 Processor, 2.8 GHZ using a Behringer USB codec UCA222. After entering the activation code I found the audio to stutter, and sometimes stop the start again. ST 7.1 was set to run real time and was the only process consuming CPU cycles. It would run about 30% or less utilization.

I then uninstalled v7.1 and re-installed v6.23 but the same thing happended. It stutters. So I ma thinking ther eis an issue with a registery entry and the un-install is not a clean un-install. Any suggestions?

I am glad I tested it on a machine that is not running live radio broadcast to see how it worked.

BTW, I really like Stereo Tool. We use v6.32 at Radio XL5 for our internet stream.

Thanks.

Gary Brefini
Radio XL5
The Nation's Hit Music Station!
www.RADIOXL5.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 am 
Site Admin

Did you change any settings? If not, restoring version 6.32 should have fixed the problem.

X3, is that triple core? Then 30% should not cause issues. Unless you've set it to use only one core (see Configuration -> CPU & Latency). In fact, if you didn't load another preset, version 7.10 should have about 15% less CPU usage than version 6.32, unless you make the window big.
Quote:
I am glad I tested it on a machine that is not running live radio broadcast to see how it worked.
But this issue doesn't mean that it won't work on your broadcast machine. Although I can imagine that you don't like to try it out without knowing what happened.

You're using it for streaming only? So, no sound card access from within Stereo Tool etc? And before 6.32 worked fine? (I'm asking because you write that you entered the registration code, but if you installed 7.10 over 6.32 you shouldn't have had to - although it doesn't hurt either).

If you think it's a problem with a setting, you can delete the .ini file:
- dsp_stereo_tool.ini for DSP
- vst_stereo_tool.ini for VST
- stereo_tool.ini for stand alone
This file can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\ on WinXP, and in C:\Users\<username>\ in later Windows versions.
Alternatively, in Stereo Tool 7.xx you can do a factory reset, although a few settings (sound cards etc) will not be removed (they will definitely be disabled though).

In case you renamed the Stereo Tool DLL, the .ini file will have the name of the renamed version.