All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:13 am 

I recently built a new PC and wanted to continue to use the Perfect Declipper VST...

Without hesitation I decided to just purchase a new license! (What the hell, I am helping a great program!) Sadly the license does not seem to work. I still receive the beeps and the advertisement mid audio...

Looking @ the license it does look identical to my old license so I went ahead and disabled the previous PC's plug-in license, but still sadly it did not fix it!

Could it be that my thimeo login just brings up the original old license I purchased years ago? (I don't recall ever creating a login for this site @ that time...)

Either way I did just purchase a second one today and would like that to work!

Thanks,
A fledgling wanna-be audiophile from TX,USA.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:53 am 

Heya! So, you shouldn't have needed to buy a new license. Something else must be going on.

You're using the VST of PD and not Stereo Tool (which contains PD)? Which version number? Have you tried the Stereo Tool plugin instead of the PD plugin?

I know at least Stereo Tool has a function to disable any unlicensed features, which is linked via a big red banner at the top of the application that warns you of which features are in use. The license page should also tell you what you're license is capable of using.

The VST plugins require a Basic Stereo Tool license or better, and I'm wondering if it's just not detecting something. Or if you're using a setting/feature that's not licensed somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:25 pm 

Hey there fellow Texan!

So I am using PD (latest version from his site, 3.01 APRL 2017). I then purchased the second license from the "register" tab which brought me to the thimeo site post-paypal...

Hans is currently helping me on a separate email chain, but both of you may have shined some light here.. the example on his page even shows the "stereo tool" as the example. Should I uninstall the VST and just download Stereo Tool, assuming it works with Audacity?

The license page indeed just shows the access for declipper. Is there a way I can send you a screenshot?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:43 pm 

Ah, I would absolutely upgrade from the PD VST to the full Stereo Tool app/plugin. I can't imagine why your license wouldn't work on the old version of the PD VST (3.01). The Thimeo VSTs don't need to be installed or uninstalled outside of placing them in the correct folders.

The Stereo Tool standalone app doesn't even need to work as a plugin to enjoy processed audio in realtime, so you may end up skipping the use of Audacity if you aren't trying to process a library of music. And if you are, I would recommend trying the WatchCat app for file-based processing once you familiarize yourself with ST a little bit.

You will need a virtual audio device such as VBcable and set it as your Windows playback device. In the Stereo Tool standalone app, set the first input as that same VBcable; then HD output to your speakers/headphones. After this, you can click the > button by HD Output and reduce the delay. You should be ready to process music at this point.

From here you would expand the Repair entry to find the declipper.

edit: For images, it's probably most effective to use imgur and embed it with the forum code.