All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:30 am 

I am using the free version of Stereo Tool with all the unlicensed features turned OFF. But, the message "This sound is processed by Stereo Tool, go to stereotool.com." still plays over my stream. It happened twice.

This is of course unacceptable, I can't stream like that.

Listeners gave me a lot of compliments about the quality of the sound (I am using Bojcha's Unveil preset with unlicensed features turned off and True Bass turned on, it sounds great @Bojcha, congrats!!), but I obviously can't let watermarks play on my stream, that is unprofessional.

How do I solve this? Is Stereo Tool completely free or do you still have to have some kind of license to use it even with all of the unlicensed features turned off? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm 

edit: What is your setup? Version? Are you using Stereo Tool Standalone's streaming output? Are you piping it through another streaming software?

I'm guessing you're using the VST plugin version? The VST plugins require a basic license to function without interruptions. The basic license is absolutely worth it for the Advanced Clipper or the VST capability. Everything else that comes in the Basic license is just a nice bonus to me. Though I'm sure many features of it are indispensable to others. The Stand Alone version should be completely free when unlicensed features are disabled, though... afaik.

If not using the VST plugin, the latest betas of the new GUI have a better implementation of showing you what features you're using and what's covered by your license. I think there could be a bug in the older 9.92 if this happens in the standalone version. Again, this thread has the new V10 beta with the forthcoming GUI viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:30 am 

Quote:
I'm guessing you're using the VST plugin version? The VST plugins require a basic license to function without interruptions.

And why is that mentioned nowhere? Stereo Tool's website says that all of the free features are free and as far as I'm aware, everything that needs a license is turned off. And yes, I'm using the VST plugin I forgot to add.

I am so disappointed, I have to take down my stream while I try to configure the standalone version because it doesn't want to work in a VM. I will lose a ton of listeners.

If some of your software's features (that you claim are free) are not completely free, tell the users that beforehand, don't hide things from them and then all of a sudden say: "Oh, it plays the message? Well you need a license that we didn't mention, oops."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:06 am 

Yeah, I do not see anywhere on the new website that says the VST plugins require a basic license. I'll DM somebody about making this clearer on the license info page. I could swear it mentioned it on the old website.

What is your streaming software? The DSP version shouldn't have interjections/nags when unlicensed, afaik. But again, this information is not listed on the License page. https://www.thimeo.com/stereo-tool/licenses/

Also, if you have listeners, why not buy a license? The software is freemium: the VST is a premium feature because people can use it for music production. I'm surprised they offer as much as they do without asking for 35 euro.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:38 am 

Quote:
Yeah, I do not see anywhere on the new website that says the VST plugins require a basic license. I'll DM somebody about making this clearer on the license info page. I could swear it mentioned it on the old website.

What is your streaming software? The DSP version shouldn't have interjections/nags when unlicensed, afaik. But again, this information is not listed on the License page. https://www.thimeo.com/stereo-tool/licenses/

Also, if you have listeners, why not buy a license? The software is freemium: the VST is a premium feature because people can use it for music production. I'm surprised they offer as much as they do without asking for 35 euro.
I really understand that Stereo Tool has developers that are working hard to make it, I am grateful that they give you so many features for free and I really want to buy a license, but I am unfortunately not in the best financial situation right now, although I might buy a license in the future! :)

I am going to try to fix the problem with jack in the VM, but until then. the stream is down :(.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 am 

Yeah, this is our bad: apparently in our move to the new site, the information that the VST plugin requires a license just vanished.
Really odd that nobody noticed that before, we're sorry you had to be the one to find out. Hans does not have a great radio voice.

We'll put the information up ASAP, and we'll make sure an in-app warning is displayed in upcoming versions, warning users when the plugin is used unlicensed.

Any license will work by the way, even the cheapest one (€35, about $38 at the current exchange rate).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:22 am 
Site Admin

Yes, our apologies. Indeed we can't find it anywhere anymore, and the VST didn't show a warning about it (which of course it should have - you're the first to ever bring that up!).

Is the email address that you registered with here active? I'll send you a license key with some premium features added - please PM me with the name you want me to use for the license key.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:09 am 

Quote:
Yes, our apologies. Indeed we can't find it anywhere anymore, and the VST didn't show a warning about it (which of course it should have - you're the first to ever bring that up!).

Is the email address that you registered with here active? I'll send you a license key with some premium features added - please PM me with the name you want me to use for the license key.
Sorry for not responding, I was very busy this week.

Wow! Thank you so much! :D Yes, the email address is still active!