All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:05 pm 

Hi to all,

I'm trying to make the backup file to put in the µMPX receiver, but no way to make it work.
Is someone can tell me how to make this file ???

Thanks ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:52 pm 

To made a backup file for your µMPX, start stereotool set Audio Simple rate at 192kHz, load the preset you want, but with broadcasting FM.
Be sure that in FM signal settings, Pre-emphasis, Encoder stereo, RDS are activated. Set param RDS for your station.
Into Preset: click save current setting as preset, select Repair (if needed), Processing (if needed) and Broadcasting. Click on 'Save and export'

Now into WatchCat, Add watch folder (folder where you place to file to be processed), only select a folder, nothing else. Add ouput: Select the output directory (folder where WatchCat put the processed result file). Stereotool Processing, select the preset you just saved and choose as Processing output: MPX FM output, in Output File, choose PCM Wave or FLAC and sample rate: same as input

Now place your file to be processed in the folder you choosed. Attention you file need to be at 48kHz bitrate. If it's a 44.1kHz, resample it at 48kHz otherwyse result mpx is 176.4kHz and µMPX require 192kHz.

Once file processed by WatchCat, but this file into your µMPX decoder device. If you device is a rapsberry with image from Hanz, use WinSCP to upload the file on your device. Login: thimeo pass:thimeo and in directory for ex /home/thimeo
In µMPX decoder in Backup Player, check Backup File and put as path: /home/thimeo/backupMPX.flac (if your file calls backupMPX.flac)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:16 am 

Thanks A LOT for those precious information !

Now I've put this backup file on a USB stick.
But I can't mount the key in the µMPX decoder (raspberryPi4 + hifiberry + Thimeo image updated).
I don't have the path...
Or do I have to mont the usb, modify fstab file ?? Install ntfs-3g ??
Could you help me ?

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:56 am 

More easier, from your computer just use WinSCP to transfer the file from your computer to the µMPX device.
In Winscp put the ip address of the µMPX, Login: thimeo pass:thimeo and transfer the file in directory for ex /home/thimeo