All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:58 pm 

I'm using Sterotool for Winamp and install version 3.12 over my previous version 2.10.

1st problem: It seems that the settings are not compatible, because I had to click "Reset" to get StereoTool to work. Also my old settings file does not work.

2nd problem: - StereoTool stops working in the following scenario.
- Open Winamp (with StereoTool in extended mode). Click on Reset Button in Stereo Tool and close Winamp.
- Open Winamp again (StereoTool is in extended node)
- Select Preset "Very Soft Compression (classical)"
- Start to play song (which is already in Winamp's playlist)
- Click on "Hide Settings"
- Click on "More Settings" to get back to extended mode
- After a few seconds (2-10) I hear a "pop" and some static and there is no more sound. The output in StereoTool shows no output volume.

Could someone advise on how to solve this?

Thanks,
Bernhard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

The latter problem (silence) is definitely a bug - I will look into it asap.

The first problem (old STS files don't work) - do you get silence, or does it just sound bad? Most of the settings should still work, only the singleband compressor is gone (and the channel delay works differently).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Bernhard,

Could you check if this version solves your problems?
http://www.stereotool.com/_TEMP/dsp_ste ... 080604.dll

It should definitely solve the silence-when-going-to-simple-mode problem. But I cannot reproduce the other problem here (old STS files load fine here) so I cannot test that.

Note: It might help to click RESET before loading an old STS file, because settings that are not listed in the STS file are not set to the default values during loading.

Thanks,
Hans
____

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:21 am 

Hi Hans,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

Yes, this version seems to solvethat problem. At least I couldn't reproduce it anymore. However i noticed a few minor usability issues with the new version that I didn't observe in 3.12:
- StereoTool will always start in non-extended mode, even if I previously closed Winamp with StereoTool in extended mode
- When opening the non-extended mode, StereoTool doesn't remember the previous screen position. It always opens at the same position for both extended and non-extended mode.

In the meantime I've erased my old sts file, but I can find an old copy at home. Can I mail it to you somehow, once I verified that this issue still happens in the new version?

Regards,
Bernhard
P.S.: Any reason why the singleband compressor was discontinued?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:07 am 
Site Admin

Those two new things are odd - I didn't change anything there. I only removed a setting of a variable that caused all the problems... And what you describe does not happen here... Was this on the same PC where this didn't occur in 3.12? (If not - what's your OS?)

About the old STS file: Yes, please send it to me if the problem still occurs. mail@hansvanzutphen.com . Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:34 am 

Quote:
Those two new things are odd - I didn't change anything there. I only removed a setting of a variable that caused all the problems... And what you describe does not happen here... Was this on the same PC where this didn't occur in 3.12? (If not - what's your OS?)
Yes, same PC with Winamp 5.531. I use WinXP SP02, so no Vista issue for a change :lol:. And I have admin rights on this machine.
I also should mention that I use MuchFX2 as my DSP stacker, but that didn't change. But even when I use StereoTool directly as DSP plugin, I have the issue.

What I did I just copied the DLL into the Winamp plugins directory (with the name as is) and "disabled" the old DLL by changing the extension. Perhaps the DLL name is important?

Best Regards,
Bernhard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Are all the other settings lost also, or is it just the current mode? (please adjust one setting, close ST, re-open it and check if the change persists - thanks!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:53 am 
Site Admin

Found the problem - solved in version 3.13 (will be released later tonight).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:20 am 

Quote:
Found the problem - solved in version 3.13 (will be released later tonight).
Glad to hear that. And yes, it was only the window position and window mode.

Regards,
Bernhard