All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: uMPX Decoder problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 am 

This kind of message is present almost every day and I would like to know, what the problem is?

warning: Buffer out of range (73.60% / 1340ms full) - resetting

I'm using dedicated machine for uMPX decoder with Marian Trace Alpha. For some reason I cannot use ASIO, I use WASAPI.
I noticed that some times it only sends out audio without pilot and RDS. MPX to transmitter goes through the internet.
Before version 2.1.2 and version codec 1, I think it was OK.

What is happening?

Post subject: Re: uMPX Decoder problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:29 pm 

Which decoder software version are you on?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 pm 

Quote:
Which decoder software version are you on?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for the slow response.

We have a new version online, so you could try if that solves it. There was an issue with version 2.1.2 where a dropout could - about 10 minutes later - trigger the message that you reported.

We had one other report from someone who said that RDS was gone, but we haven't been able to reproduce it (and given how the codec works, it's very very strange if that would happen). If it happens again, please tell us:
- What you use as encoder (there's a difference between built into Stereo Tool or using the MicroMPX encoder binary)
- Please include a screenshot of both input (encoder or Stereo Tool) and output (decoder) spectra.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm 

Quote:
Sorry for the slow response.

We have a new version online, so you could try if that solves it. There was an issue with version 2.1.2 where a dropout could - about 10 minutes later - trigger the message that you reported.

We had one other report from someone who said that RDS was gone, but we haven't been able to reproduce it (and given how the codec works, it's very very strange if that would happen). If it happens again, please tell us:
- What you use as encoder (there's a difference between built into Stereo Tool or using the MicroMPX encoder binary)
- Please include a screenshot of both input (encoder or Stereo Tool) and output (decoder) spectra.
Hi Hans. No problem.

That was me also, I saw that one time it didn't put out RDS and stereo. Once I disabled umpx decoder and enabled again, everything was fine.
We use ST for encoder and standalone uMPX version for output.
However I did change to a newer version uMPX decoder and so far it seems that it works fine.
Pictures in PM.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Ok I found the pictures. The settings could very well lead to dropouts which - in version 2.1.2 - could lead to the message that you mentioned. If you update to 2.1.6 that should be gone - and if you change the settings according to my reply the stability should improve greatly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:30 pm 

Quote:
Ok I found the pictures. The settings could very well lead to dropouts which - in version 2.1.2 - could lead to the message that you mentioned. If you update to 2.1.6 that should be gone - and if you change the settings according to my reply the stability should improve greatly.
Done! And thank you for taking your time.