All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:47 am 

Hello Everyone. I have installed Stereo Tool on my Linux virtual machine in Virtualbox. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04.

When I start it up, I get several error messages:
1. The Normal Output sound card buffer is deviating too much from the target level.
2. Sound card error - FM Output: Cannot open JACK client, is jackd running?

There is no sound coming through Stereo Tool. When I play a song, the sound does not pass through Stereo Tool.

When I start QjackCtl, I get this error:
Could not connect to JACK server as client.
- Overall operation failed.
- Unable to connect to server.
Please check the messages window for more info.

The following message is displayed in the messages window:
Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the messages window for more info.
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock

Can anyone help me resolve this issue? My whole radio station is set up and this is the only thing that is stopping me from going on air right now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:39 pm 

This is probably not very helpful but I'd recommend to install your processing on bare metal hardware. VM, especially Virtualbox, is a PITA to get audio running reliably.
Also, safe yourself much hassle and start with Ubuntu Studio, a remix of Ubuntu with everything pre-configured for audio needs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:11 am 

Quote:
This is probably not very helpful but I'd recommend to install your processing on bare metal hardware. VM, especially Virtualbox, is a PITA to get audio running reliably.
Also, safe yourself much hassle and start with Ubuntu Studio, a remix of Ubuntu with everything pre-configured for audio needs.
Yeah, I am aware of that and I would really like to run it on an actual computer, but I want to keep my main machine separate from my radio station and I don't really have another computer for my radio station. (Well I do, but it has absolutely terrible specs and there is no way it will run Stereo Tool without crashing.)