All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm 

Hi,

I have a new install of KXStudio 14.04 which features an installation of Rivendell Radio Automation too.

I have had all this up and running over a year ago and had no issues but i would have been running an older version of Stereo Tool.

Right now i have a problem in that the latest version of Stereo Tool (8.40) won't start up properly. It will start, flash up on the screen and then disappear. But in JACK it still appears to be running but I can't hear any audio when it is routed through it.

I would have liked to have tried an older version of Stereo Tool but I can't find any older versions for Linux on the website?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 am 
Site Admin

You can find older versions by adding the version number (for example _840) to the download link. Note: Before 8.40 there were only Jack versions and they didn't have _jack in the name.

Do you know how to run gdb? Are you running Stereo Tool from a command line window? I would really like to know if you're getting an error message when this happens. It's the first time I've heard of this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 am 

Hi,

I installed version 8.00 and it runs fine - must be an issue in 8.40 with linux 14.04?

I did try running 8.40 via command prompt and it didn't give an error - it was normal behaviour - it was also present in Jack but no audio would pass and no window visible. It just closed on launch.

Thanks
John