All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:13 pm 

Can someone provide a step by step instruction to run ST stand alone ALSA or Jack on Ubuntu 17.10. I am trying to process audio from JRiver's Media Center. www.jriver.com Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:39 pm 

Quote:
Can someone provide a step by step instruction to run ST stand alone ALSA or Jack on Ubuntu 17.10. I am trying to process audio from JRiver's Media Center. www.jriver.com Thanks!
I run Stereo Tool stand alone on my Dell laptop though I'm stream only so I run audio in from my mixer then out to my streaming computer. With the stereo_tool_gui_64 file I downloaded I right click on it and then click on properties. Go over to the permissions tab and click the box next to "Allow this file to run as a program" or (executable) then close the properties box. You should (depending on your setup) be able to double click or single on stereo_tool_gui_64 and it should open for you. I haven't had any issues other than I need to pay for it to get rid of that annoying beep and an occasional message from Hans that your testing his software. Let me know how it goes. I'm no programming genius but did figure this one out on my own.

"Keeping the musical love alive"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I run Stereo Tool stand alone on my Dell laptop though I'm stream only so I run audio in from my mixer then out to my streaming computer. With the stereo_tool_gui_64 file I downloaded I right click on it and then click on properties. Go over to the permissions tab and click the box next to "Allow this file to run as a program" or (executable) then close the properties box. You should (depending on your setup) be able to double click or single on stereo_tool_gui_64 and it should open for you. I haven't had any issues other than I need to pay for it to get rid of that annoying beep and an occasional message from Hans that your testing his software. Let me know how it goes. I'm no programming genius but did figure this one out on my own.

Are you using the ALSA or JACK version? I can get ST up not able to get the application Media Center to send audio to ST. Using the ALSA version on Ubuntu 17.10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you using the ALSA or JACK version? I can get ST up not able to get the application Media Center to send audio to ST. Using the ALSA version on Ubuntu 17.10
I'm using the 64 bit ALSA stand alone version. I've not tried the JACK version though I would imagine the patchbay in JACK would give you the ability to control the connection of ST to the INs and OUTs of the sound card or patching other JACK capable software before or after ST then to the sound card. My needs were simple so I chose the 64 bit standalone ALSA version because I knew my laptop and some day a decent tower and sound card would give me what I need, a computer (broadcast appliance) to do ONE job.... broadcast processing. I only have a streaming radio station but want it to have that HOT FM sound. Saving my money so I can go beyond basic and get the add ons like DECLIPPER, DELOSSIFIER and ADVANCED DYNAMICS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm using the 64 bit ALSA stand alone version. I've not tried the JACK version though I would imagine the patchbay in JACK would give you the ability to control the connection of ST to the INs and OUTs of the sound card or patching other JACK capable software before or after ST then to the sound card. My needs were simple so I chose the 64 bit standalone ALSA version because I knew my laptop and some day a decent tower and sound card would give me what I need, a computer (broadcast appliance) to do ONE job.... broadcast processing. I only have a streaming radio station but want it to have that HOT FM sound. Saving my money so I can go beyond basic and get the add ons like DECLIPPER, DELOSSIFIER and ADVANCED DYNAMICS.

So I guess with the ALSA version there's no way to "capture" ,the application output and route it to ST. No luck using Jack.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So I guess with the ALSA version there's no way to "capture" ,the application output and route it to ST. No luck using Jack.
What's your setup? Are you trying to capture audio from a piece of software or a line input? I can show you a set up I used with JACK and Patchage, IDJC (internet do console) and Calf audio processing. Package is a virtual patchbay and less sophisticated as GLadish which is another favorite virtual patchbay in the Linux music community. I'll set it up on another machine and take a screen shot of what I've done with explanation. Is the website you post a way for me to understand what your trying to accomplish? I haven't had much time to investigate but will do what I can to help you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's your setup? Are you trying to capture audio from a piece of software or a line input? I can show you a set up I used with JACK and Patchage, IDJC (internet do console) and Calf audio processing. Package is a virtual patchbay and less sophisticated as GLadish which is another favorite virtual patchbay in the Linux music community. I'll set it up on another machine and take a screen shot of what I've done with explanation. Is the website you post a way for me to understand what your trying to accomplish? I haven't had much time to investigate but will do what I can to help you.

I'm running Jriver's Media Center www.jriver.com on Ubuntu 17.10. I'd like to process the Media Center's output before sending it out the PC. It all happens in the one PC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm running Jriver's Media Center www.jriver.com on Ubuntu 17.10. I'd like to process the Media Center's output before sending it out the PC. It all happens in the one PC.
Let me see what i can do. It may be late this evening but will try and get back to you before then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:51 pm 

Quote:
Apologies for not getting back to you. I have not had the chance to try this or other methods I think might work but here is a YouTube video I think will help and I'll let you know what I discover by trying different setups.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:52 pm 

Forgot to give link, here it is.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhRDU6Kcds