All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:45 am 

I downloaded the latest version of stereo tool yesterday, to work with my copy of foobar2000 v1.3.10, using Windows Pro 64 bit service pack 1. With this, I'm using the foo_dsp_winamp bridge v1.4.7, so foobar can access the stereo tool plug in.

Foobar starts off fine, I then go to file > preferences > Playback > DSP. I then add the foo_dsp_winamp to a new chain (no other effects) and all is fine. The pane shows the Stereo Tool dsp near the bottom of the list, so foobar has scanned the plug ins correctly.

As soon as I double click on stereo tool, everything crashes. Installing the latest version of Foobar 2000 (v1,3,15) does not rectify the problem. The online documentation on hydrogene audio notes that the program only crashes with foo_dsp_winamp versions 1.4.1 to 1.4.4. I've installed v1.4.7, so this doesn't make sense.

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?ti ... rtup_crash

I have searched other forums for some answers, but other peoples problems relate to completely different issues, such as converting mp3s and so fourth.

With me, I just want to use stereo tool to expand the dynamics when listening to a radio stream, so the louds and softs are evened out, making for more comfortable listening.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:47 am 

Don't use the DSP, it sounds terrible (here; but maybe that's a problem with my setup, so it doesn't necessarily apply to you). Use a VST adapter with the stereo tool vst plugin.

Last edited by \_/ on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:33 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion, will check it out tomorrow. :)