All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:51 am 

Hi everybody.
I'm running Stereo Tool 8.12 with W10 and a Marian Trace Alpha. My problem is that I cannot use ASIO. Each time I try I will get the message "ASIO channel not available (does not exit or is in use;creating buffer failed)".
Any ideas what the problem could be ? Computer and sound card are brand new. No other software running.
Another problem is that I don't see the spdif output, so I have to use analogue outputs. No big trouble but is it normal ?
Thanks for your help.

Patrick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:54 pm 

Hi PaddyC,

Sounds a bit frustrating - hopefully just something that has been overlooked.
Have you made sure that the Marian driver has been set to operate at up to 192 kHz?
Maybe you could post some screenshots of your settings for us to have a look at...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:34 pm 

Thank you for your answer. I have uninstalled ST and the driver. Then installed again the driver. The problem is that I cannot change any setting with the Marian utility because it says that the sound card is already used by another program... even when there is nothing running.
So I installed ST 8.14 and now it works. But I need to set Stereo Tool at 44khz or 48,1. Anything higher gives a horrible sound. Not really a problem as I don't plan to use mpx output at the moment, but I don't like the feeling that something is wrong with my setting...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

If the driver complains that the sound card is in use, it's probably not strange that Stereo Tool has the same problem. If nothing else is running this makes no sense...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 pm 

Hi Hans. You are right, the problem has certainly nothing to do with Stereo Tool. At the moment there are 3 softwares on the PC. Stereo Tool, Team Viewer (to have a remote access to the computer) and Pira Silence Detector. The problem was there before I installed the Pira software, so I don't see what could cause the trouble. Maybe team viewer ? I don't see why, but I will remove it, just to see...