All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: RDS PI Code
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:03 pm 

Quote:
We need method B RDS because we run two different PI codes and two PS station names. And if I save station under one PI, the second one then doesn't work and not searching AF, even if it's in the memory (method A - ST RDS). Or it's maybe just my car radio.

BR.
Then the only thing to do is to wait for hans to implement AF Method B or try Airomate: https://www.diffusionsoftware.com/airomate.php (since you are not using RT+ it should be enought)

BTW: How do you do a field testing without disrupting the station (people would complain if RDS stooped working or audio would be cutted out while testing), do you use backup Transmitter just for testing?
PS: is Radio Cerkno (previously Odmev now Primorski Val) still up on 594khz?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 pm 

Thanks.

I used Airomate and will try (already registered), but I don't know how exactly implement RDS directly into MPX signal...
Best option would be to send from UECP :)

Field testing is used during less populate hours. Otherwise we try not to disrupt but if the case is like RDS switching off for a few seconds, nobody will notice.
For other tests we use backup transmitter through dummy load before we make any changes.

Oh, about the 594 Khz... We had to take it down due to some complaints from nearby neighbours years ago. They heard us on telephone lines :)
Radio Cerkno was before, now is Odmev from 4pm-8pm and Primorski val from 8pm-4pm :)

BR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 am 

Quote:
Thanks.

I used Airomate and will try (already registered), but I don't know how exactly implement RDS directly into MPX signal...
Best option would be to send from UECP :)

Field testing is used during less populate hours. Otherwise we try not to disrupt but if the case is like RDS switching off for a few seconds, nobody will notice.
For other tests we use backup transmitter through dummy load before we make any changes.

Oh, about the 594 Khz... We had to take it down due to some complaints from nearby neighbours years ago. They heard us on telephone lines :)
Radio Cerkno was before, now is Odmev from 4pm-8pm and Primorski val from 8pm-4pm :)

BR.
I think that Airomate has LPT Remote control option
which version did you use? I used 2.11 with correct serial key but every minute or so it changed PS to _AIROMATE___DEMO___ and when I set AF or any non-free features it didn't aphear in RDS Spy

to send only RDS signal go to settings->audio and you have an option to send only RDS signal out (you then forward this (with VAC or something else virtual) to stereo tool and select use SCA Input as External RDS Input in FM Transmitter Menu: Image

maybe if you tell your AF Method B wish here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19832 it will be added some day (and I hope my other RDS wishes will make it into Stereo Tool someday)

as for 549khz if people heard you on their Telephone Lines its Telekoms fault not yours (can you still get an AM Licence nowadays (I wish you could reactivate AM TX again maybe add CQUAM Stereo and AMSS and brodcast with 10khz BW at daytime (unfortunately you can do that because AM Band is so empty :( ) and 5khz at night

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

Method B is not yet supported (and until the last beta, you couldn't use Pira MagicRDS yet because its dialect varies slightly from most other programs - I've added it last week or so though).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:13 pm 

Thanks for all suggestions and tips.

I will leave on method A in ST, however I configured Airomate, but now i have issue with PI code running on different hours.
So the solution is - Stereo Tool, for now :)

Thanks and best regards!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 am 

Hello!

Some time has passed by and I'm wondering, is it available AF Method B from Magic RDS in new version of Stereo Tool?
I saw that some implementation was done in RDS.

Thanks! BR.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Not yet, I have put it on the todo list though.