All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: RDS PI Code
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 pm 

Quote:
Hi you can use MagicRDS to change PS and I think PI too in predefined time: http://www.pira.cz/rds/show.asp?art=guide_scheduling_1 (just set ASCII mode in UECP menu)

or use netcat in a script to connect to TCP Server (again set UECP to ASCII mode) and enter PI=932E for Primorski Val (before 4pm) and PI=972E (for Radio Odmev)(from 16:00 to 20:00 (4pm to 8pm)

PS: Which station are you running Primorski val (includes Radio Odmev and Alpski Val in its Radio Network) or Radio Aktual (has Radio Kum, Studio D and Radio Trtini)

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards
Hvala za Odgovor in Lep Pozdrav
Hi! Tried connection through TCP/IP, ASCII UECP and it works, but scheduler doesn't. Will try to tweak a little more in the next days.
It's Primorski val. :)

Hvala za pomoč! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Lp.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi you can use MagicRDS to change PS and I think PI too in predefined time: http://www.pira.cz/rds/show.asp?art=guide_scheduling_1 (just set ASCII mode in UECP menu)

or use netcat in a script to connect to TCP Server (again set UECP to ASCII mode) and enter PI=932E for Primorski Val (before 4pm) and PI=972E (for Radio Odmev)(from 16:00 to 20:00 (4pm to 8pm)

PS: Which station are you running Primorski val (includes Radio Odmev and Alpski Val in its Radio Network) or Radio Aktual (has Radio Kum, Studio D and Radio Trtini)

Hvala za Odgovor in Lep Pozdrav
Hi! Tried connection through TCP/IP, ASCII UECP and it works, but scheduler doesn't. Will try to tweak a little more in the next days.
It's Primorski val. :)

Hvala za pomoč! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Lp.
Glad it worked

PS: Now that you are using Stereo Tool you could add dynamic RT and RT+ (and of course song names in them)
PPS: I never understood why no station in Slovenia has Dynamic PS is this forbidden here (its commonly used in Croatia and Italy)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:48 pm 

We have so much birocracy and that kind of stupid laws, that sometimes it seems we are more european then Europe itself. We will implement RT in RDS, just waiting for software update and some tweaks in music database.

Thanks! BR.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:24 pm 

Hi

Change PI and PS is not so stupid at all.
If you belong to a network and in some parts of the day you'll transmit local content (diferent from main network) it makes sense you will use another PI code in that hours.
This is used not only in Slovenia.

RDS scheduler is a common task in many RDS encoders.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:38 pm 

Quote:
Hi

If you belong to a network and in some parts of the day you'll transmit local content (diferent from main network) it makes sense you will use another PI code in that hours.

Thanks
I was talking about static PS and some regulations that are not in favour for anybody. But otherwise I have to agree.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:41 pm 

Quote:
Hi

I was talking about static PS and some regulations that are not in favour for anybody. But otherwise I have to agree.
Which Automation software are you using?
Quote:
Hi

Thanks
The onlything that is local in Radio Networks in Slovenija are advertisements and of cource PI and RDS changes and slogans so APEK (now AKOS (Agencija za Telekomunikacije) (Telecomunication Agency) can say: "oh you are brodcasting 2 hours of local program a day"
PPS: (I think Radio Aktual has some local content for Radio Kum (now Aktual Kum), Studio D (now Aktual D) and Radio Trtini (now Aktual O)

PPPS: I hate Radio Networks because they have eaten local stations and content (mainly RADIO 1 has ate a lot!!)

I always wanted to know how radio networks operate in other countries (are there any local content?)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:46 pm 

Hello,

Sorry for delay. Yes, you are right. Most of your facts are true, Radio 1, Hit Radio Center and Radio Aktual are most competitive commercial networks in Slovenia. But you need to take a look from the bird perspective.

1st - The reason that situation is like it is, is lack of profesionalism in such small market and within local stations mostly. Local content is still available, shure, there are people still struggling... But! Local stations didn't quickly adapt to new ways of programming, stayed only on FM, they did nothing or not enough to connect through social media platforms, going live, choose good music, ability to tell people: "we live here, we know places, we know what we want and what we are doing"... and now is a problem, financial and significant drop of listeners on daily basis. Financial crisis did the rest and expenses went down quite a lot. People left...

2nd - Ministry for culture is sponsoring some content within segments like culture, local news, education, poetry etc. Clearly there is no chance if you want to have all those segments in the program, to be competitive with the rest. Money from commercials is lacking, so there are always two ways to get it and none of them is good.

However, this is subject for some other time, so i'll just leave it that way ;)

Best regards!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:48 pm 

Hello,

it's been almost one year since I posted in this thread.
After all this time I must say that we had only positive feedback for Stereo Tool and no problems occured.

However, I still cannot implement method B RDS in the Stereo Tool via Pira RDS Software.
On older RDS hardware that was working fine but I don't know how to run in pira scheduler and put through ST?
Can somebody help me? Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32 pm 

Quote:
Hello,

it's been almost one year since I posted in this thread.
After all this time I must say that we had only positive feedback for Stereo Tool and no problems occured.

However, I still cannot implement method B RDS in the Stereo Tool via Pira RDS Software.
On older RDS hardware that was working fine but I don't know how to run in pira scheduler and put through ST?
Can somebody help me? Thank you in advance.

I am not sure if Stereo Tool supports AF Method B (it is missing MW and LW Frequency support from Method A too) I know that Airomate supports that (maybe try it for RDS part and feed that into Stereo Tool as Standalone RDS Imput)

BTW: Why do you need Method B? (don't realy understand their explanation: http://www.2wcom.com/fileadmin/redaktio ... Basics.pdf)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm 

We need method B RDS because we run two different PI codes and two PS station names. And if I save station under one PI, the second one then doesn't work and not searching AF, even if it's in the memory (method A - ST RDS). Or it's maybe just my car radio.

BR.