Stereo Tool

Feedback, questions, settings and more...
      Home         Download         Donate         Register         Forums         Help   
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:49 pm 

Is it possible to run multiple instances of the standalone "live" version of Stereotool under Linux? My attempts so far have failed, the second instance complaining it can't find Jackd. I need to process two different streams simultaneously and would rather not have to use two computers!

Many thanks.

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:40 pm 

You never received a reply? I would like to do the same. Have eight channels in / out and it would be shame if only one instance of stereo tool is able to run.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:34 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Sorry for not responding earlier.

The Linux version unfortunately does not support multiple instances with different settings - at this moment. This will probably change later this year. You can use multiple instances of the command line version and use for example arecord and aplay to get the audio in and out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:43 pm 

*bump*

Any news on this? I've come to the point where I need to process two audio streams, but rack space is low. And a decent i5 machine can easily run two stereotools.
It needs to be Linux & Jack since audio is coming from two separate machines via network. zita-njbridge is a great tool, BTW.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 pm 

With the release of ST 8.31 it seems multiple instances are now possible. I did a quick test and could run 2 Stereotools on the same Jack server, identifying themselves as PortAudio and PortAudio-01 (or something like this). Only drawback: they both took their settings from the single .rc file.

I couldn't find any command line arguments - but would it be possible to set the .sts file when starting the ST? I want the GUIs to be visible.

And for automation it would help if the port names were set to a fixed value.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 pm 

Please add optional keys to start. For example — the path of the rc file settings. For override default $HOME/.stereo_tool.rc, thanks!