All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:06 pm 

Hi Hans,

for AM transmissions, ST provides at the moment the 75µs NRSC preemphasis.
For shortwave this can be to week emphasis. The Optimod 9105 HF provides a very strong emphasis (up to 22dB at 5 kHz) according to the "Green" named line on the screenshot. Do you think it's possible to implement these configurable preemphasis also in Stereo Tool?
Attachment:
Description.PNG
Description.PNG [ 152.88 KiB | Viewed 6238 times ]
Attachment:
preemph.PNG
preemph.PNG [ 49.29 KiB | Viewed 6239 times ]
Thanks

Christian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:19 pm 

Hi, radio 700! Very interesting notice. BUt do popular radios made proper deemphasis? For example tecsuns or degen? or techincs? As i understand, they have 1 standart -- AM. So, they are using only 1 type of deephasis for all... lw, sw, mw.

p.s. You are from Belarus, right? Your wish about polar stereo is amazing. And Hanz amazingly did it! I can't test it (don't have old tuner with oirt, but want to), but results, that made my friend on youtube - amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:44 am 

Unfortunately there is no standard. So it's always a trade-off by the broadcaster to find a setting that fit most radios.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:59 pm 

i think a better idea would be to have an adjustable pre-emphasis or an available setting of at least 25us, 50us and 75us instead of just 75us for AM.
some AM transmitters do not actually need 75us pre-emphasis as it is too much especially after certain configurations of audio processing, 25us or 50us would be a better option.
other audio processors have an AM pre-emphasis option of 25us, 50us and 75us, ST should have it too.