Post subject: Re: Silence Detector
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:47 pm 

Silence Detector plugin
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/files/Silence_ ... r_v1_5.exe

and

Jaspers Linein plugin
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/linein-plugin-v1-80/84040

should do what you want.

Lets say you lose connection with a stream or it becomes silent for some reason ...
The silence detector will then advance to the next item in the play list, which could be
a web stream, CD, line in source, local audio file, playlist, etc.

When finished with the current item, it can then go back and try your primary source.

Make sure you have REPEAT on Winamp turned on.

You might be able to do this without the Linein plugin IF you only use local audio files
like mp3's, etc. or CD.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 am 

I'd like to resurrect this thread.

I am running ST standalone with a multichannel audio card (8 in, 8 out).

I think it would be nice to have the ability to detect silence on the primary input source (e.g. analog input pair 1&2) and have ST switch the input source to a different input source (e.g. analog input pair 3&4 or even pipeline audio). In the event of audio returning to the primary input source, you could set rules for failback to the primary?

Some hardware boxes have the ability to do failover/failback, maybe ST should too. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Ooh, very old thread! Well, I want to redesign the whole sound cards section to much better handle things like streaming, sample rate differences between different sound cards, more audio protocols (Kernel Streaming, WASAPI) etc. This redesign should also make it easier to set up rules like this - I basically want to have a bunch of input and output points where I can send audio to or get audio from, without having to worry inside my software about what kind of input or output it is (stream, ASIO, non-ASIO, maybe even file).

I will definitely look at this when I start with this redesign. But I don't know yet when that will be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:26 am 

That's great news, thanks Hans!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:24 pm 

Hans, a very strange request: detection of silence below a certain level and autoswitch to bypass mode and back on signal receive. To save power on the desktop.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:40 am 

If you use Jack, adding VLC and silentjack should do it.
You would need to use a command line audio input switcher to keep silentjack from locking up on the VLC output if you just parallel them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:11 am 

For the moment I use silence detector from pira with external mixer.
If stereotool can detect silence on input1 and then swith to input2 until end of silence on input1, it's will be very nice :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:15 am 

Still on todo list ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm 

Quote:
Ooh, very old thread! Well, I want to redesign the whole sound cards section to much better handle things like streaming, sample rate differences between different sound cards, more audio protocols (Kernel Streaming, WASAPI) etc. This redesign should also make it easier to set up rules like this - I basically want to have a bunch of input and output points where I can send audio to or get audio from, without having to worry inside my software about what kind of input or output it is (stream, ASIO, non-ASIO, maybe even file).
I will definitely look at this when I start with this redesign. But I don't know yet when that will be.
Hi Hanz,
Is it finish the redesign ? Because I see that you have now the silence detector from input1 to be able start backup mixing from sca input. But It seems to be not working when input1 is stream from VLC directly.
Is it normal ?
Thanks for your answer
Regards
Stef