All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:54 pm 

Been busy trying to get the stand alone version to work on a mac. Jack is not the patch solution which works like a charm. Sound flower on the other hand is working great in my current setup.
Radiologik sends out to soundflower which is the input for nicest. The proccessing is now done with effects in nicest. Unfortunately
the VST versions don't appear in the effects of nicest.

As i am a great fan of the Stereo tool sound, ask Marino @pvpjamz and mr. Korver, i'd like it if sound flower was working with the stand alone version.

Hope this is something that's worth working on and it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 pm 

Okay this is weird, i'm replying on my own topic here.

Sound flower works flawless on my mac server where i run my stream (private) with Nicecast and Playlogik using the music library from iTunes.
I'd love to have the processing from stereo tool as there's no other processing as nice as this one (ask the guy from PVPJAMZ, the creator of nice presets for stereo tool).

Tried the VST ones without any luck and the stand alone was almost working but the config of the patch tool was too complex

I wonder am i the only mac user who's struggling with the use of Stereo Tool here?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

You're not. We really need to work on Mac support, unfortunately I chose a library a while ago for the GUI that worked well on Linux, but the Mac version is unstable and - worse - every time a new OS X version comes out it stops working, and I need to find a fix. Beside that, it doesn't work in VST hosts that were made using the same library. So, I basically really need to get completely rid of this library and replace it with something else.

We also need better audio support. Which might actually be not that difficult.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:14 pm 

I'm patience, great to hear you know about the issue
Succes implementing a new stabiel library
Looking forward to it

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks!

The annoying thing is that at first it seemed to work fine (except that the VST plugin didn't work in all hosts, but at least the stand alone version was stable), but recently every OS X update breaks it. And every time the cause is that same library :( .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:00 am 

Hey Hans,

Any luck biting the Apple yet ;-)

Erik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Please try version 8.00! Based on feedback I've received so far, it runs fine now!

(It still uses Jack, that's going to be a future change).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:08 pm 

I'll think about it, the jack tool was not really working for me last time
Thanks,
Goed wknd