Post subject: EQ before after view
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:31 pm 

So, instead of this ...

... this:

;)

Post subject: Re: EQ before after view
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Hm... What about the view that I just added to Absolute Highs (latest beta)?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:35 am 

Hm, I cannot quite make out the differences in the "texture" display mode, because I see the history of the last seconds, the shades in the coloring are not that distinctive, and I have to constantly switch left and right with my eyes between the two displays. Having the input/output overlayed as spectrum wave makes it easier because I see visually what I hear in the exact same moment and I see the differences in the volume/strength of the frequencies at one spot on the display. I can see the "footprint" of the input and output so to speak, to which I tweak the pre-amplifier/multiband compressor+limiter/single band compressor+limiter. And for the normal radio mode I think its interesting to see how the various sources are transformed to the specified frequency "footprint".

Both displays would be nice: Waveform like right now to check difference in loudness/clipping and spectrum analyzer for the difference in the loudness/frequency "footprint" with the input/output overlayed (even nicer with a peak level wave as third overlay)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm 

Would be cool btw if you could change the amount of bands shown in the spectrum analyzer much like you can zoom in/out in the waveform viewer right now. So you can compare a very fine view of bands (one band per screen column) down to very few bands (like seven). Right now I look at a physical spectrum analyzer with 7 bands in my HiFi system and the WaveLab analyzer with around 80 bands to check the "footprint" of a track during (re)mastering.