All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Tube emulation
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:35 pm 

There are tons of VST's available that all try to emulate vintage equipment by using algorithms or samples to create the distortions of the analog tubes that the old equipment used. They are usually uber expensive, and they don't offer any control. For example, there's many Pultec EQ emulators, and the "classic Pultec sound" is created automatically whether the user wants it or not, without any ability to control wet/dry, or alter the effect.

I would love to see a Tube Emulation section on Stereo Tool that allows the user to use different controls that create different types of distortions that correspond to all different kinds of tubes, giving the user the ability to emulate many kinds of analog equipment, combine them, and control how much gets mixed in and such. If you put in enough types and ranges of controls, I would think that you wouldn't violate any copyrights per se.

Stereo Tool is known for accomplishing what much more expensive plugins accomplish in a complete and "multi tool" kind of package for way less, and I think this would expand upon that.