All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 am 

Hi Hans,

could you imagine in one of the next versions to implement that the RDS Content is updateable from the Shoutcast / Icecast Streaming?

Small solution:

POWER-FM/PLAYING/\S

\S for Get Title Artist from Stream

or big solution:

E.G. if I send a title like

"RT=This is my Radiotext and I really like it - Chakka" that this Updates the RDS RT

or

"PS=RADIOabc" => this updates the PS Code

or

"PTY=31" => this sets PTY to ALARM :)

so it would be easily possible to do all the RDS Stuff from remote without writing textfiles etc which will help if you have many transmitting stations.

Thanks,

Christian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Just to check: This is in the case where you are using the VLC stream input option?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 pm 

Yes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:06 am 

It would be nice if we could write artist - title to a port on the Stereo Tool encoder from our radio automation and you pass that through. Right now, I write to a port on a hardware RDS encoder. It would be great to do this in software and ditch the hardware box.

What happens now is that my automation sends out music events and when music isn't playing, it alternates different generic phrases. If you could just create 'listening' port, that would be wonderful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
It would be nice if we could write artist - title to a port on the Stereo Tool encoder from our radio automation and you pass that through. Right now, I write to a port on a hardware RDS encoder. It would be great to do this in software and ditch the hardware box.

What happens now is that my automation sends out music events and when music isn't playing, it alternates different generic phrases. If you could just create 'listening' port, that would be wonderful.
What type of port would this be? A HTTP port? This should basically already be possible (but not too easy as things as now) with the built-in web server...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

What type of port would this be? A HTTP port? This should basically already be possible (but not too easy as things as now) with the built-in web server...
I define a TCP/IP port in automation (as an example, I use port 4500). Then, in my RDS Encoder, I created a UDP 'Listening' Port at 4500 and configured it to look for a string. When a song starts, I send out Title - Artist as a string. RDS Encoder shows that until another event is sent to it. It pulses 8 characters for 3 seconds each as opposed to a scroll (easier to read while driving). The encoder has the option of pulse or scroll for it's output.