All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Multiband Stereo Image
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:06 pm 

One thing that is known to badly change the quality of sound the most is the bass for most stereo enhancing programs. To solve that type of issue, there should to setting for which of the following frequencies should to affected with the stereo image. This could make your fake stero delay much more useful because it usually adversily affect the bass when setting of this effect is set too high . Recentering the bass does not help properly with the fake stereo effect. Multiband stereo image could help solve this problem by just affecting the non-bass frequencies for the fake stereo setting. I will be very looking follow have this feature as multiband stereo image could make this program even more customizable. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 am 

There is "center bass". Does that help at all or not? I know you mentioned it didn't help much, but does it help at all?

Check your azimuth. I find 60um and 0.20um/s work very well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 am 
Site Admin

Currently "Center bass" is performed BEFORE the fake stereo effect. I could switch the order, then Center bass would fix the bass. That would however mean that the other stereo enhancement effects are also performed after the fake stereo.

(Actually I didn't think anyone was using the fake stereo, in fact in version 3.10 I removed it until I received a complaint about it :-) )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:01 am 

Azimuth doens't seems to help stereo problem caused by using fake stereo delay followed by centering bass. The bass still sounded deformed and less defined. Multiband Stereo image could seriously help solving that problem by not using the delay for bass frequencies but for all other frequences. I have a subwoofer, and I found out that there's generally more negative effect on bass on speakers with subwoofer than one without it such as headphones when you change the stereo image not properly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:16 am 
Site Admin

That's true, actually I added the "center bass" option for systems with a subwoofer.

Azimuth is also performed before the fake stereo - in fact, if it was done afterwards, it would completely remove the fake stereo effect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:49 pm 

Well. Well that's why multi band stereo image could be very useful. It would be great if you put it some day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:50 pm 

Professional programs use it to further enhance the capability of manipulating the sounds.