All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:46 pm 

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a gain setting for the bypass processing option? There is a lot of volume added to the source material because of the processing, and to compare what the processor does sound wise, it would be nice if you can control the gain of the bypass option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:02 pm 

This should already be possible with the Gain on the Input. The Bypass doesn't bypass the extra input gain.

Raise the gain, and offset by lowering the preamp on the quick adjust.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:30 am 

No, changing input gain is also impacting the processing.

If you look at Orban processors, they have a bypass with gain option. So you can keep the audio output at the same "volume" with and without processing. This way you can hear exactly what your settings are doing.
Attached you can find an image how this looks like.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-01-08 102632.png
Screenshot 2024-01-08 102632.png [ 43.18 KiB | Viewed 1467 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:38 am 

Quote:
No, changing input gain is also impacting the processing.
Yes. That's why I said to offset it in the Preamp setting on the Quick-Adjust page.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:10 pm 

Could you be so kind and explain where I can find this setting? I can only find the gain setting of the input at the Audio I/O page.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:42 pm 

Quote:
Could you be so kind and explain where I can find this setting? I can only find the gain setting of the input at the Audio I/O page.
Sure! Click the Home button at the top or the Processing entry on the sidebar to find the Quick-Adjust page. This page has a Levels adjustment that affects the sound after the Repair section (so your noise gate may need to be adjusted if raising the input gain). If you add 6dB to the Input in the I/O, you will want to offset it by -6dB on the Levels pre amplifier slider.

This should do what you need without affecting the processing, allowing the Bypass to keep its gain bonus. I agree, it's not as simple and straightforward as a Bypass Gain setting, but the functionality is there. Maybe Hans will reassess this at some point.