All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: measuring instruments
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:48 pm 

HI,

I think this is an important part that is missing in ST, for future development it would be useful to have a dedicated page in the software that allows correct and readable measurements in a clear and fast way

ps. I find the current phase reading tool really useless and wrong as a 45 degree inclined concept.

I attach a short video for ideas

Mirror 1
https://we.tl/t-1X5XXHHBOD?utm_campaign ... TRN_TDL_05

Mirror 2
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wtgcg9r3 ... 0.mp4/file

Best

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

For some reason the gonio meters that I've seen in the past had this 45 degree tilt, but I've searched and cannot find any screenshots. I've added flipping it by 45 degrees to the todo list. There already is a page with all the metering data. If you're missing specific things let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:06 pm 

Quote:
For some reason the gonio meters that I've seen in the past had this 45 degree tilt, but I've searched and cannot find any screenshots. I've added flipping it by 45 degrees to the todo list. There already is a page with all the metering data. If you're missing specific things let me know.
hi Hans,

thanks for the reply, I think the visibility of the ITU (such as the Orban Loudnes meter) needs to be improved.
If it is possible to choose the audio path in the phase analyzer (input, pre/post stereo fx, master out), from version 10.xx it is no longer possible to increase or decrease the refresh time of the instrument (in previous versions this was done with the button right or left mouse) and it would be preferable to have a display not with points but with a continuous line (like an oscilloscope), and of course a Real time analyzer (RTA), I know I'm asking a lot, but having an instrumentation inside the software is a useful thing and reliable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:13 pm 

Quote:
I've also seen the 45-degree thing, but I definitely prefer a cardinal direction-style layout. I always assumed this was just a carryover from old-school analog units. Slightly anachronistic.
Quote:
it would be preferable to have a display not with points but with a continuous line (like an oscilloscope), and of course a Real time analyzer (RTA)
I asked Tom on Discord about a line for the Gonoiometer and the response had something to do with it being too resource-intensive in the current GUI code. I didn't push for further info, but I'm sure it would be handy to have a more detailed explanation.

There are in fact RTAs, but currently only in the web UI when you expand the Bands cells or the EQ. I think it would be very handy to have one for the final signal (whatever the ITU uses) and in the native UI. As it is, one needs to use the EQ right before the clipper and the web UI to see it in the right place.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-10-30 080756.png
Screenshot 2023-10-30 080756.png [ 201.16 KiB | Viewed 5170 times ]