All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm 

I'm building stereotool PCs from time to time, the last one is a 1U device with a nice LCD in its front. Now I use a whole battery of software tools to get processing levels to display on the LCD.
Would it be possible to have a sort of API, of course REST or WebSocket comes to mind if it can be fast enough, to get current processing data? Like buffer status, in and out levels,...
As something similar works with the web interface I thought it might be possible to get some plain data out of it.
Maybe with filter options to define which data is needed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

There are 3 options:
1. Use the web interface.
2. Use the new (and not yet documented) JSON interface
3. Use the "generic plugin" version of Stereo Tool that gives you access to every setting and meter in the software directly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:21 pm 

Quote:
That sounds good. Can you give some pointers?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:13 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
That sounds good. Can you give some pointers?
I guess I'd better start documenting it... Here are a few examples (for MicroMPX, but if you use the correct ID's it will work for Stereo Tool as well):

Set a string or IP address: http://127.0.0.1:8080/json-1/list%7B%22 ... 1%22%7D%7D

Set MicroMPX port number: http://127.0.0.1:8080/json-1/list%7B%22 ... 8%22%7D%7D

Click on a button: http://127.0.0.1:8080/json-1/list%7B%22 ... 1%22%7D%7D

Note: The kinda unreadable URLs contain a lot of characters like quotes and brackets which are all replaced by %XX values... but it's basically just simple JSON notation.

I know this isn't useful yet, I'll document it. Soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:24 am 

A bump for this feature, I am currently using the above JSON URLs along with some deducing from the IDs of each field in the web interface source code to update the RDS text directly from the playout system wich is working well.

Would love some info on how to get a stream/feed/update of the processing updates (in/out levels at least) etc to display on some hardware like VU meters and HMI screens on the rack and also use for silence detect and triggering OSC and MIDI messages to the studio switching mixer we are using/failover etc. :)