All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:32 am 

Could we have an option when Auto-Start with windows is enabled, to delay opening any of the audio devices or processing until a set period has elapsed?

This allows audio drivers (especially AoIP drivers) to initialise and join the audio network before Stereo Tool accesses and opens the driver (ASIO or otherwise).

Have had experiences where Stereo Tool as opened quickly (especially on a SSD enabled device with only Stereo Tool and audio drivers enabled) and it came back with a error that it could not open the ASIO device. It is 50:50 on recovery and also seems to mess up the MPX device by never being able to get "Synchronize with different output soundcard (not ASIO)" - with the buffer either under/over-running and never settling down....

Having a time range of 0 to 30 seconds would enable a wait period.

Yes - have implemented a cmd batchfile to get around this however (timeout/start options and wait 10 seconds) but having it built in would make it easier to implement and manage!

Rossco

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 am 

Funny because I experienced the exact same problem last week. We now use Wheatstone drivers on the computer where ST is running, so that ST is part of a Wheatnet-IP network. The problem is that Stereotool starts too quickly, way before the drivers are ready.
I too would like a timer associated with the autostart function.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

That should be easy enough. However the part about 50/50 and the buffer not synchronizing worries me - can you send me your buffer size and synchronization settings? And what happens in the 50% of cases where it doesn't recover?

Hm. Is the issue that the sound card name isn't present? They are loaded on startup, assuming that no sound cards are added afterwards.

Edit: Not that easy to do actually. The parameter set needs to be instantiated before the settings file can be loaded. But the instantiation of the parameter set needs the list of available sound cards.

Edit: I've added a command line argument -DELAY. Usage: -DELAY10 will make it wait 10 seconds. (-DELAY1.5 works as well). I'll now check if I can add that argument to the auto-startup with windows option.

Edit: I've added a slider below the "Auto-start with windows", you can set that to any value upto 30 seconds, and it stores that in the command line options in the Run (auto-start) part of the registry. I haven't tested it (I don't want to reboot) but it should work. Next beta (tomorrow?) will have it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Just a separate update incase people have seen an email but missed all my edits, the next build will have this.